Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing the Vette.. suggestions?

stingrayc7

Question

Friends,

I'm going to detail and add protection to the C7 this weekend, thankfully I have received some goodies from Adam's today (LPS and the trio of hex grip applicators)

the Vette sits outside all the time and I need to cover and protect whatever surface I can,

My washing and cleaning routine is (2 bucket wash and sometimes I do rinseless wash and finish with a detail spray)

So I planned this way,

-Wash and clay (I believe it was abused for months as being on lots and ships from PA, USA all the way to Kuwait!)

-Hand polish (non Adam's product) It has some fine scratches.

-Strip wash to remove any oils

-Seal it (Adam's LPS)

-Brilliant glaze

-Americana

Questions:

-Is it mandatory to remove the oils left by the polish before applying Adam's LPS, as I'll be using the product for the first time,

-Will APC be good for prepping the surface? Too bad I only have APC and no access to IPA, I read somewhere that you can add a couple ounces of APC to the wash bucket and it should be effective removing oils and old wax

-Anybody recommends wait time between one product and the other (Work will be outside in a shaded area but sometimes it gets a little windy and maybe dusty)

Your input and suggestions would be highly appreciated :)

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

My advice is to 

Wash your car like normal

Clay with Detail Spray

Polish

Seal

Brilliant Glaze

Americana

Try and get as much done as possible in one day to avoid the dust issue.  Find a covered area if you can.  Or if you can't do it all in one day, try and cover the car overnight to avoid dust build up.

My advice is to 

Wash your car like normal

Clay with Detail Spray

Polish

Seal

Brilliant Glaze

Americana

Try and get as much done as possible in one day to avoid the dust issue.  Find a covered area if you can.  Or if you can't do it all in one day, try and cover the car overnight to avoid dust build up.

Will do as much as possible, hope I can finish it in one day! If things go bad I'll try the "panel by panel" technique!

I agree. I tried the multi-day detail before. And it ended up sucking. It sat overnight so i could polish and wax the next day. I never even got to it because i had to wash it again and didn't feel like it. Start early and do it all in one day.

Doing "panel by panel" sounds great since you don't know If you'll be in a good mood for the next step tomorrow, the result and look of a fully detailed part of the car will give you that motive to get it done ASAP.. trust me