Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Show Mishap

69supersport396

Question

I hope no one ever becomes the recipient of a door ding at, of all places, a car show. When I returned from awards, I noticed the car parked next to me all day was gone. When walking around my Chevelle, I noticed the below scuff from the impact of a door. Needless to say, I was not happy. I planned a solution featuring the pictured products.

Although some of the scuffs catch my fingernail, I am happy to report the pictured results. At least there is no significant sheet metal damage, but to remove all of the scuffs, I'll have to color sand the area.

At least it is not nearly as noticeable.

Thanks Adam's!

post-8614-0-72576200-1414380512_thumb.jpg

post-8614-0-45979000-1414380543_thumb.jpg

post-8614-0-89943000-1414380568_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Damn!  Sorry to hear this.  A shame the person next to you didn't have the decency to let you know and offer to pay for any repairs necessary.  Especially if they were at a show with a car entered.

That just sucks.

On a positive note, your repair/fix work came out excellent and it is barely noticeable anymore.  Good work on your part!  (Nice Chevelle!)

Amazing what you can do with the right products.  People just don't understand sometimes.... Someone key'ed my Accord all around the whole car.  Insurance company set the damage at $2500.  I told the adjuster who looked at it that I could probably buff it out, but he said no way.  I insisted.  He still said no and wrote me a check on the spot.

Later that day, 1 hour with clay, a PC 7424XP, some swirl and haze remover, fine machine polish, sealant and Buttery wax and 98% of the scratch was gone.  You have to look real close to see any remnants.  Thanks, insurance company!

Nice job on the door ding.

Edited by cbenjes

Hate to say it, but it happens.  We were at a car show once with one of those pop up canopies. A freak gust of wind lifted it up just when we were staking it down and landed it on my buddy's freshly painted 66 Vette.  He'd had the car in the shop nearly 18 months getting it painted and it was the first time out.  Our canopy left a nice big scratch on his headlamp cover.  My wife was in tears, I could have been swallowed by a hole and been happy, but he was fine about it. Cost me $600 to fix . Even if he wouldn't have been there, we wouldn't have left till we got it straightened out.  Sorry the guy who dinged you didn't. 

Thanks everyone!  

I always thought parking a car with other car enthusiasts would be safe, as we "should" all have a mutual respect of each other's vehicles.  Now I know not everyone has that mutual respect.  

I agree things happen, and no one can control the weather.  BUT anyone can control the travel of their car door.   :)