Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep or Green wheel cleaner?

jchris56

Question

I just finished my first wash with Adams products on my 2012 SRT8 super bee. I am very happy with all the products I used.

Here's my question. I used deep wheel cleaner and noticed that it didn't turn purple on the rim. It did turn purple in the brake rotor. So I'm figuring that means there was no brake dust on the rims. So would I be better off using green wheel cleaner? I wash the car at least once a week so it never gets much brake dust build up.

9 answers to this question

Totally depends. If you take care of it and you wash it on a regular basis (assuming you do because you're on this forum) then Green Wheel Cleaner.

Deep Wheel is used for heavy break dust on sports cars (like the SRT8) but that aren't taken care of well.

Try the Green Wheel, if it doesn't work well for you switch to the Deep.

Do you use Quick Sealant on your wheels?  With weekly washes and maintaining a protective layer of sealant, try just using CWS.  That's all I have been using this summer.  When they get too dirty and the CWS is not getting them clean, then go to one of the wheel cleaners. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe the GWC will strip the QS off the wheels, which would require re-sealing the wheels after each wash.

Yes Green Wheel Cleaner is slightly acidic and will degrade protection. If you have a coat of sealant on the wheels there is no reason if you wash them bi weekly with just Car Shampoo and brushes.

I hadn't washed my X5 in a month and with woolies and car shampoo they were clean as a whistle. I only use DWC 2-3 times a year just to keep contaminants from bonding to them. Never used Green Wheel Cleaner as it has no place in my regimen.

I haven't used spray sealant, but I did wax them with maguires ultimate wax. Just the face not the barralls. So I think I'll try putting some car shampoo in a spray bottle and try that. I'll have to get some spray sealant next order so I can seal the barralls.

I only wash my truck about once a month. But the wheels don't get dirty hardly at all because I have brake pads that produce VERY little dust. Even with only a monthly wash, car shampoo will usually get my wheels clean. Or else I clean them with All Purpose Cleaner. I don't even own any wheel cleaner, because the APC has always gotten them clean even at their filthiest. The APC even does a good job of cleaning the brake dust off my wife's car. She has a 2014 Altima, which seems to produce a LOT of brake dust. Spray it with APC, let sit for almost a minute, and agitate with a brush or even just a microfiber towel, and they come clean as a whistle after hosing them off.

Edited by ScottyBoy