Customer Service 866.965.0400

rinse less wash mix

08'taco

Question

So I'm going to get the rinse less wash and doing the 8oz to 1 gallon of distilled water mix in a spray bottle. When I do this method should I have the towels soaked before I start? Also should I use a bucket to wash out the dirt from the towel? I don't have access to access hose.

6 answers to this question

Rinseless Wash is one of my favorite products right now!   There is no need to wet your towels before using them.  Spray the product on liberally, and then wipe them off with the dry waffle weave towels.

I keep a few on hand so that when one gets really dirt you can switch to a clean towel.

If you need naay other info or help, let me know!

When I use the rinseless wash in spray bottle I use the blue waffle towels. I fold the towel into quarters. I will saturate an area like the hood. I then will make one pass with the quarter of the towel. I move in straight lines. After each wipe/pass I look at the towel for signs of dirt. Usually after each pass I refold the towel for a new section. I find that most of the dirt is on the lower half of the car (which makes sense).  

I just did this to our Challenger. I only use the rinseless if the car is not that dirty. For example I drove it to work which is 36 miles round trip. It was a nice day with no rain so when I got home I wiped it down. If I see dirt (mud, salt, etc.) on the car I always use water (2 bucket). I also like rinseless spray when going to car shows. Once there I use it to clean any light dirt picked up while driving there.

So to answer your question I always start with dry waffle towels. I think I may go through eight towels for our Challenger and almost a whole bottle of diluted rinseless wash. Once I use all the quarters of the towel I do not rinse it out I just use another and then wash them all together.

The other method for rinseless wash is to add some rinseless to about 3-3.5 gallons of water. Using the blue double soft towels you would do one pass at a time refold and do another pass. Then when the towel was dirty you would rinse it in about 3.5 gallons of clear water. When doing this I always just used clean towels each time. There is a new video of Adam showing how to do this in the learning section. 

What kind of car do you have? How many towels do you have?

Edited by Thorsager

You only need to pre-soak the towels if doing a rinseless wash with a few gallons of solution in the bucket.  Spray the panel with the 1:16 mixture to pre-soak the panel, take a saturated towel and wipe down the panel.  Dry the panel with a drying towel, and go to the next panel.  When the towel you are using has no clean area left, discard to a laundry bucket and pull a fresh towel out.

Safer than using a rinse bucket to try and keep 1 towel clean for the whole car.  And you'll only need about 6-8 towels including wheels if you are using the blue fluffy towels Adam sells.