Customer Service 866.965.0400

1972 Chevy C10(Frame)

Sac

Well here is some progress pictures of my frame, it is now a rolling chassis! Took it to Last Resort car show in Jennings, LA. Awesome show as always, but it got a lot of positive attention. Taking it to a local drive-in/show this weekend. Hopefully it will get the full Adam's treatment soon!

Roller-1_zps49a9e2dc.jpg

It has some dry spray in some areas. But I can live with it, might get the control arms re-sprayed. 

Roller-5_zpsb64cc304.jpg

Roller-6_zps029c5d06.jpg

LastResortCoverage-1_zpsc7f3f04c.jpg

I love the fact you take it to car shows! Lol

Love C10's. The Mrs' grandpa has 2 we are restoring.

Can't wait to see your finished product!

Too cool.......I am starting to really like C10's.

Nice frame..........now finish the truck! :P

Thanks guys! Trust me, I'm ready to see it get to the next step also. 

Actually had 2 more frames at the show. The black from is a 73-87 Chevy C10. It is running a Porterbuilt drop member up front and custom link in the rear. The green frame is 1994 Ford Lightning. It is a full custom frame built by Chaotic Customs.

610_zps1713e4b1.jpg

612_zps396ff11d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Was a productive day for the 72! Picked up a solid SWB bed, only bad spot is driver side lower rear quarter. Not beat up at all, no dents or filler. Also picked up the power plant, 5.3/4L60e combo from an 2002 Tahoe. Ready to get it torn down, cleaned and painted! And you can see my new truck needs another wash… 

SWB-3_zpsd02f8753.jpg

LS-3_zps4ba4365c.jpg

Edited by Sac

Wow that is beautiful! Buddy of mine bought a 67 small window SWB couple months back. It had been wrecked from the front. We thought it would be an easy radiator support swap and done. But turned out that the frame was all bent. He found a long bed frame and we shortened it. He sandblasted it and used the POR15.  I'm going to show him your pictures. :D

Wow that is beautiful! Buddy of mine bought a 67 small window SWB couple months back. It had been wrecked from the front. We thought it would be an easy radiator support swap and done. But turned out that the frame was all bent. He found a long bed frame and we shortened it. He sandblasted it and used the POR15.  I'm going to show him your pictures. :D

Awesome! They always tend to be more work than first thought. I didn't plan to base coat/clear coat the frame.. But one thing lead to another. haha

Been a busy week with a lot of elbow grease! Cleaned up the motor and polished my daily driver. Here are some pictures of cleaning up the motor. I'm posted it on here because I ran out of the heavy degreaser and forgot my APC… So I hit it with some DWC! Did a pretty great job! 

LS-6_zps44620832.jpg

LS-4_zpsbe289880.jpg

LS-7_zpsfcf8fe94.jpg

LS-8_zps8cda2b3f.jpg

LS-5_zps3f7638ec.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

DWC is an amazing and underrated cleaner. It's prob awesome on that engine!

Yes it did! I didn't really take any pictures after.. But I hit it with a brush and it made the aluminum parts come back life easily. 

How'd the finished engine come out? 

Can't leave me hanging like that. This is the most looked forward to thread I've been sub'd to in a long time!

We need afters!!!!  :lolsmack:

Thanks! But I bring bad news… Didn't take any after I rolled it back inside. I come back home this Sat and will get some then! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well…. The frame is sold, but in great hands! With Porterbuilt parts being in demand right now(12 weeks out) and knowing the frame was just going to collect dust in the garage for a while, I put it online to see if I get a bite. I did from a builder out of Miami(juankybuilt if ya'll have Instagram). He is building a pretty badass C10 now and lots of builds in the past. He asked if I could deliver to Miami and me being tired of cold weather, I loaded it on the truck and headed out! 

KeyWest-1_zpsr1y8pnzp.jpg

This is a build he is working on and a feature he had in the past..

KeyWest-2_zpsusjapfd9.jpg

So I figured while I was down there, might as well check off a bucket list item… Drive to Key West! That morning I dropped off the frame and headed South. Well it ended up being a lot longer drive than I thought, 150 something miles down a 2-lane road doing an average of 40mph take a lot out of you. Not to mention the town of Key West is not designed for full size crew cab trucks pulling a 20ft trailer!! But none the less, I drove by the buoy, took in the views and headed back North. It ended up being a 2,156 mile trip I did in 3 days with 45hrs of seat time. 

KeyWest-3_zpsizfwv7yh.jpg

KeyWest-4_zps1njjp4fa.jpg