Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water activated sealant?

scootertrash19

Question

14 answers to this question

One of the options out there is you rinse off your clean car, spray the sealant on while its wet and rinse that off.  Voila you're done.  All you have to do is dry off your car.  That's pretty much the gist of it.  More than likely it probably won't be as durable as a traditional sealant.  

Edited by JHL88

There are a couple different types but there is one I prefer specifically for customer's cars. After the vehicle is completely washed and still wet you simply mist a panel with the sealant and pressure wash it off or spray it down thoroughly with a hose.. that's it. It takes me less than 10 minutes to seal the entire car with this method. If the vehicle needs to be clayed obviously that happens before sealing the vehicle but the car must be very wet while applying the sealant. Now, this product does not give you the durability that Quick Sealant or Liquid Paint Sealant give you, but it is still very good.. I typically see 4-5 months of durability.. occasionally more. 

It is very nice how easily I can dry the car with a blower after applying the sealant as well... as opposed to having to dry an unprotected car which takes a fair amount longer. If I'm not doing a customer's car or I'm not in a rush, I use a more traditional sealant. 

I hope Adam's releases a similar type of product.. 

Edited by lax

I tried one and didn't like it. I don't know the chemistry behind it but you spray it on when your car is still wet. I found that it gummed up too much for my liking. I like the Quick Sealant much better.

Keep in mind that's a different kind of water activated sealant than what JHL88 and I are talking about. I have used what you're talking about as well and didn't particularly care for it. 

The one I have familiarity with you basically spray it onto a microfiber towel and dry the car with it. I like it and it works well in conjunction with Rinseless or traditional wash methods using Adams RW or CS. You can even dampen the mf towel and apply it to a dry car.

Edited by Junior

The one I have familiarity with you basically spray it onto a microfiber towel and dry the car with it. I like it and it works well in conjunction with Rinseless or traditional wash methods using Adams RW or CS. You can even dampen the mf towel and apply it to a dry car.

Are you talking about A**o Hydrate? 

*Sorry I don't remember if I'm allowed to mention a competitor's product... even though you all don't sell a directly comparable product. 

Edited by lax

The quickest sealant I use is a WOWA sealant which is made by Garry Dean and can be mixed into his Rinseless product so you can wash and seal at the same time. It works well (about 3 months of longevity) and is good to "boost" protection in winter. However I like to have a base of my traditional Liquid sealant

Water Activated Sealant has been my go to for the past 6-8 months. I love it. I've tried a few different brands and found a couple I like.

The two I use are applied a few different ways. Each can be sprayed on a wet surface (after washing) and spread with one MF Towel and then remove residue with a 2nd MF Towel. The other method is to apply some WAS to a wet MF Towel and apply to paint then remove excess with a 2nd MF Towel.

If really works well and is a big time saver. While it doesn't last as long as a Machine Applied Sealant it lasts longer than Wax. What I use has been on my daily driver truck for about 3 months now and is still beading.

Thanks for the info, seems like a great product for certain situations. May have to try some.

There is one catch... at least from one of the ones I tried.  If you do it outside you have to make sure you don't apply it when the sun is shining or it will streak like a mofo.