Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy at Machine Polishing

PolandDogs

Question

I just ordered my cyclo machine polishing kit. My car does have light swirl marks and I believe I am ready to take the step and challenge of machine polishing. I have watched every video and done alot of research and I feel confident. My question is though I have a red gt500 with white vinyl stripes. I know there is swirl marks in between the two stripes on the red paint that I would love to get out. the space is approximately 1 inch to 1 1/2 how can i get those swirl marks out with the machine polisher?  I did the revive hand polish last year. I planned on taping my stripes off, could I just tilt the machine polisher and only use one pad what is everybody's opinions? Below is an example pic

post-11713-0-51652000-1418400054_thumb.jpg

14 answers to this question

Do you guys do an Alcohol wipedown after the 2 step polishing process? I have been thinking about not doing sealant since my car is a garage queen and has only seen rain 3 times, after the polishing process I am thinking about just adding brillant glaze then finish it off with patriot....Thoughts????

Edited by PolandDogs

Do you guys do an Alcohol wipedown after the 2 step polishing process? I have been thinking about not doing sealant since my car is a garage queen and has only seen rain 3 times, after the polishing process I am thinking about just adding brillant glaze then finish it off with patriot....Thoughts????

That is personally what I do with my garage queen. Results were great. You can see my write up here: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28230-first-use-with-adams-on-a-camaro-zl1/