Customer Service 866.965.0400

QUESTION - Detail Spray in 5-gallon?

If you're not detailing professionally how are you going through enough detail spray to justify a 5 gallon?!?

I like to buy stuff in bulk. I'd rather buy once and have it for years. I am just finishing up the 5-gal unit I bought about 4 years ago.

With DS being constantly reformulated to be better you should consider buying in 1 Gallon Jugs. In the past 4 years, its been reformulated at least 3 times to make it better.

Hmmmmm...... Interesting...... Maybe I do need to reconsider my approach here.

It takes me a solid year to get through 1 gallon, I'd prefer to be sure I'm getting a fresh batch each year than stock up for 4 years, personally.

Unless you are detailing for $$$ (and you probably aren't using Detail Spray if so) its a ton to purchase on a consumer level.  However, I believe they will sell it to you if you call it in.

We don't put a lot of 5 gallons up anymore b/c we ended up taking so much back. Customers would over-estimate their need, buy 5 gallons use 2 and then a new version would come out and they'd want to exchange it, or it would age out before they had a chance to use it all.

We're protecting you from yourselves LOL.

If you absolutely, positively, MUST HAVE a 5 gallon of a product not on the site give our customer service a call and manytimes we can work something out for you, but keep in mind it will come with the warning "We will not exchange the remaining product for you in a year when you decide you bought too much and want a newer version or a different product"

We don't put a lot of 5 gallons up anymore b/c we ended up taking so much back. Customers would over-estimate their need, buy 5 gallons use 2 and then a new version would come out and they'd want to exchange it, or it would age out before they had a chance to use it all.

If you absolutely, positively, MUST HAVE a 5 gallon of a product not on the site give our customer service a call and manytimes we can work something out for you, but keep in mind it will come with the warning "We will not exchange the remaining product for you in a year when you decide you bought too much and want a newer version or a different product"

Good policy on not accepting

For what it's worth, I still have probably 1.5 gallons left in my 5 gallon of Detail Spray that I bought from Grabiak Chevrolet two years ago at the Detail Clinic...and I've detailed probably 40-50 vehicles in that time frame.  So I overestimated a bit yes, but Ray also gave me a nice deal on it since I bought so much other stuff that day too and because it was the old formula DS  :lol:

DVK- does the Detail Spray have a shelf life? Does it expire/go bad?

Phil, check out the thread I linked below for info on shelf life and other storage tips :)  Looks like Dylan's rule of thumb is "As a general rule try to never buy more of any one product than you can see yourself reasonably using in 1-2 years time."

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/17083-faq-do-the-products-have-a-shelf-life/

Edited by psu goat

Phil, check out the thread I linked below for info on shelf life and other storage tips :)  Looks like Dylan's rule of thumb is "As a general rule try to never buy more of any one product than you can see yourself reasonably using in 1-2 years time."

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/17083-faq-do-the-products-have-a-shelf-life/

Bingo!

DS could easily last longer than 2 years, but I recommend never buying more than you need for a 1-2 year period.

Even if it doesn't go bad, with our development and product improvement cycles you don't want to get stuck with excess inventory when there's a new version out.

Got it! Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I keep a few products in stock in 5 Gallon.  I tend to sell them more to detail shops or people detailing on the weekend for a buck.  I have a hard time keeping the Deep Wheel Cleaner 5 Gallon in stock.  I have a couple guys who buy it up as soon as I put it on my site.

Shop Thompson Racing