Customer Service 866.965.0400

need tips on cleaning floor on semi truck

sandman661

Question

8 answers to this question

I've had great luck with using All Purpose Cleaner on rubber floor mats like the Weathertech mats I have in my car.  I then follow it up with TID that I spray directly onto a microfiber utility towel and then wipe the mats down again for a nice finish.  Like Jason says, you could also use Leather Conditioner, or maybe even SVRT on them if you want them a little more shiny, but they might get slippery with the SVRT :)

Edited by psu goat

Sandman,

I have been thinking about the same thing as I recently picked up some fleet maintenance on some big trucks. Obviously the first step is vacuuming out and getting all the big dirt and debris removed. The method I have been using for the cleaning solution is fill a bucket with warm water and a few ounces of car shampoo and an ounce of APC. I dont get it as soapy or foamy as I would for a car wash, but enough in there to do work on the grime. Then use a 1:1 dilution ratio of APC in a sprayer with a foam spray head to pretreat the floor with a good number of sprays. Then I use cotton terry towels dipped in the soap bucket or the tire and fender brush if the floor has layers of dirt. I keep a second bucket to rinse out the fender brush or towels. I also use dry towels to dry up the floor post cleaning. I also find the lug nut brush works well for those tight spaces under and around the seats and the door jambs. I really dont treat the floor with anything to make it shiny, but the trucks I have done looked massively improved. Hope this helps.

Edited by Junior