Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex XC 3401 VRG - Velcro Backing Plate

JEH63

Question

Question: Considering the Flex 3401 comes with a 5 1/2 inch backing plate, will the 6" Machine Polisher Backing Plate from Adam's fit on this Flex?  I'd like to have a bigger plate on this buffer as an option.

12 answers to this question

If you bought the Flex from Adam's it should come with a 6" backing plate to fit the 7" Adam's pads.

I bought mine on amazon, and I'm stuck with the 5.5 inch pad...

can I use that pad that they sell and install it on the flex? it seems it was made more for he PC

I bought mine on amazon, and I'm stuck with the 5.5 inch pad...

can I use that pad that they sell and install it on the flex? it seems it was made more for he PC

I would recommend calling Adam's and ask them about it.  It is possible that the backing plate you have will fit the Adam's pads.  There are smaller backing plates available for the Flex, but none larger.

So, is there someone from Adam's that can answer my original question?  Will the 6" backing plate sold on Adam's website fit my FLEX?  I did not purchase my FLEX here because I was able to get it cheaper from another provider.  I am, however, getting ready to push the button on an order for over $200.00 here on product.  Before I do, I need to know the answer to my question so I can include the backing plate, or not.

Thank you

Edited by JEH63

I would recommend calling Adam's and ask them about it.  It is possible that the backing plate you have will fit the Adam's pads.  There are smaller backing plates available for the Flex, but none larger.

Yeah, I believe Auto Geeks has a hybrid plate that will retro onto the FLEX, but I've also read reviews that plate eventually cracks under the stress of the forced rotation.  I'd like to order some foam pads here for my 5 1/2 plate, but I want to be sure there won't be too much pad overlap at the edge of the plate.

Hi Ed, the machine you bought comes with the largest velcro backing plate available from Flex. These tools have a unique backing plate, and only Flex makes plates that fit.

We will be offering the Flax backing plate soon, as they wear out with use.

The stock unit fits our pads well, but not precisely.

Thanks!