Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Wash Pad???

Grey Ghost

Question

Tried searching the forums first so forgive me if this has already been discussed. 

Has there ever been a smaller wash pad offered, targeted specifically for the face of a wheel?  I'm talking about maybe something in 3"-4" range that can fit nicely in one's hand.  I currently use on old, auto parts store microfiber sponge contraption but even that is too large.  I plan on pulling my wheels and polishing/sealing the barrels and I am looking for something else to take care of them afterwards.  

I know there are wheel woolies and turbosticks out there but once I polish/seal these things, they shouldn't need anything other than some soap and a gentle pad to keep them clean.  I suppose that I can probably use the rectangular, blue applicator pads but I really like the feel of the wash pads.  Am I off base?

Small Wash Pad

11 answers to this question

^^^I keep my wheels polished/sealed too and for maintenance in about 3-4 month intervals (between DWC), I just use a bucket of suds and brushes and woolies.

I have the Red wheel brush, the angled woolie for back of calipers, and the 3 piece set for getting the full barrels of wheels.  A lug nut brush as well for those areas.

Between the tools mentioned above I need nothing else to keep my wheels spotless with a bucket of suds.  If you wanted, you could soak a black all purpose MF towel in the bucket and clean the wheels with that as well, but its really not necessary if you are using the above.

A small wash pad like that would be nice.  I have dedicated wheel towels that I use now.  I have a lug brush and woolies as well but just for the barrel.  For painted piano black wheels a brush is a no no. 

Soap + microfiber towel will fill this need honestly and be just as effective in small spaces. You may even try using the microfiber applicator pads. The foam core will hold lots of soapy water and the size is pretty much exactly what you want. 

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-microfiber-applicator-pads-2-pack.html

I used to used a microfiber wash mitt on my wheels too, but I would still need various brushes to finish the job so taking it off and putting it back on several times got annoying so I only use brushes now.

I do like your idea though, try the blue microfiber applicator and let us know how it works for you!

Edited by Gen9Rolla

I used to used a microfiber wash mitt on my wheels too, but I would still need various brushes to finish the job so taking it off and putting it back on several times got annoying so I only use brushes now.

I do like your idea though, try the blue microfiber applicator and let us know how it works for you!

that was the same thing I ran into with it.

Soap + microfiber towel will fill this need honestly and be just as effective in small spaces. You may even try using the microfiber applicator pads. The foam core will hold lots of soapy water and the size is pretty much exactly what you want. 

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-microfiber-applicator-pads-2-pack.html

Found 2 of these in the cabinet unused.  Believe the Doc is right on as these are the perfect size for what I'm looking for.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Same here.  Brushes for me is the way to go.