Customer Service 866.965.0400

White Letter Tires

69supersport396

Question

7 answers to this question

Rick are you applying HGG to the tires?

APC to clean and either VRT or Tire shine should be all you need.  Tires turn brown on their own.  Outgassing.  theres a nice thread on here from DVK that explains the whole brown tire / dirty tire deal.  New tires are more susseptible

APC (All Purpose Cleaner) will work fine undiluted, but be sure to scrub well and rinse well.  I haven't had white letters since my Chevelles, but I always had good luck with Bleech White.  I used to use brillo pads too to get them white.  Obviously don't scrub hard enough to take the white off.  Whatever you use, be sure to treat your tires well afterward so they don't get that dull brownish gray look either.

I have not had white walls or white lettering since I was a youngster.  But my dad always told me to use comet on the white walls and it worked great with a stiff brush.  Cringes, waits for the 50 lashes.  Keep it off the wheels and the paint. 

Thanks everyone.

Yes, after I scrub them, would like to apply treat them.  But since the tires are new, I'll hold off a few months before applying anything.

Years ago I bought black wall tires for this truck and hated the look.  In my eyes, it needs the RWL tires to punch it up a bit.  The OE tires were RWL, guess I got used to that look.  I get quite a few compliments on this Dakota.  Not bad for such a plain truck.

Anyway, thanks again everyone.