Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car covers for a car parked outside

El_Gabe

im looking for a car cover for my mustang the dam tree sap and other junk is killing my paint 

what cover do you guys suggest for a car park outside that will protect it and also wont damage the paint

looking to order soon thank you

for some reason it started 4 topics? if the mods can please delete the other 3 kind of weird

Edited by El_Gabe

Check out americanmuscle.com they have car covers specifically for certain years that are custom fitted. I have purchased one from them and it's great! My car is garage kept all the time but I bought a indoor/outdoor cover just in case it would happen to sit out a night or two.

Edited by SJC96GT

One word: California Car Covers.

Isn't that THREE words? :D :D :D

There is a 72/73 Mustang living outside in my neighborhood with a cover on it. When ever I walk past it the wind is whipping the cover around (mainly around the mirrors and under the front/rear bumpers) like Chris mentioned. It seems to be holding up the the Oklahoma weather pretty good for the last couple years. If you want next time I walk past it, I can stop by and see what cover they have.

Covercraft or California Car Covers.  One thing I do (and I recommend it to avoid scratches) is put a soft cover over your ride before the regular cover. I use two soft microfiber sheets sews together end to end and lay it over the car then put the cover on.  All outdoor covers will cause minor scratches no matter how careful you are. 

Also - most of the covers come with some way to secure the sides so the wind flapping is kept to a minimum.

The cheaper covers have lousy connectors and the cover WILL blow off.  The better ones are much more secure.

Obviously - a garage is best.  But sometimes a car cover is your only option.

NONE.

Covers are for indoor long term storage only. Outdoor covers are just a way to introduce damage when you're not there.

1. They can (should) only be put on when the car is 100% spotlessly clean... this pretty much eliminates day to day use unless you plan to do a daily rinseless or waterless as soon as you park the car.
  2. Dirt and debris will find their way under the cover, even with the slightest breeze, creating a situation that anytime the covers shifts with the wind its grinding that dirt into the finish.
  3. Whats worse? Swirls or dirt? A car parked outdoors will accumulate dust/dirt/pollen - all of which can be washed away and leave not lasting effects. Damage introduced from a cover will require polishing, so is there really any benefit? IMO No.

To each their own, obviously, but I am completely against the use of a cover for outdoor use, even the best fitted, most contoured, softest cover you can find carries risks.