Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me with MTM Foam Cannon...PWD Not helpful...

Ricky Bobby

Question

Alright so I want to get the MTM Foam Cannon for use with my Ryobi 1700psi, 1.2 gpm washer I picked up from the Depot last weekend.  It comes with the 2 fittings shown, M22 threaded male, and 1/4" male quick connect.

1349_1_.jpg

10-0001_8445_225.jpg

I'd like to buy the MTM trigger gun above, for use strictly with the cannon.  Why?  Because I like the idea of the foam cannon being closer to my handle, and it will reserve my Ryobi trigger/wand combo for other taks.  Plus at $20 the extra trigger gun is cheap. 

On the trigger gun it says that:

Hose end is 3/8" female threads
Wand end is 1/4" female threads

So for the wand end, I would need a 1/4" male threaded (to gun) to 1/4" female quick connect (to cannon) to make the Cannon/Gun connection correct?  Just having trouble figuring out which adapter would make it work.

PWD I emailed already twice and they are insistent that because I'm using a Ryobi consumer model that I can't switch the gun out, I can't use the MTM cannon with it, and there are no adapters that would work and I only can use Ryobi parts.

For the hose to the MTM gun above, I'm already set I believe with this adapter from AR, as it will thread into the bottom of the MTM gun and has the M22 threads for the Ryobi hose that came with my unit

3_8-Male_M22-Male-Product_200.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Yeah I know that, but by the time I spend the money on the Bosch adapter ($15 plus shipping from you know where, ugh), I'd rather just get an extra trigger gun and 2 small adapters and have a "quick change" complete wand/gun setup for $30-35 more

I def will do that (rather have an extra coupler than something not right)

Since you are seeming to be the man with Parker part #'s can you help me with the bottom adapter for the HP hose?  Its 3/8 on the bottom and the hose is M22 I believe, I found the AR adapter I pictured but if theres a Parker part # I'll go with them for all

Thanks so much!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Please let us know how it works. I too have a pressure washer with 1.2 gallons per min. I've always been told you need more gpm to really make a foam cannon worth while. I'd love to hear how it worked before I invest.

^Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks Brian!

I see you used Blue teflon tape on the threads?  I'll get the QC adapter you have, as well as a threaded adapter for the hose on the bottom although I see you did a QC on that as well.  Should work perfect!  I'd mate the gun and cannon together but I'd prefer to hang it up on the wall like you, and be able to take the cannon apart, clean it easier, etc

Did you ever test the cannon with your pressure washer? Trying decide between this or an Adams gun. My pressure washer is 1.2 gpm so I'm interested to hear your thoughts on how it performs. Maybe a pic or 2 thanks

Did you ever test the cannon with your pressure washer? Trying decide between this or an Adams gun. My pressure washer is 1.2 gpm so I'm interested to hear your thoughts on how it performs. Maybe a pic or 2 thanks

There are 2 different MTM cannons...they look REALLY similar. You would want the one intended for smaller pressure washers...it comes with plastic adapter to connect to certain lances. You may need a different adapter.

I seem to remember having a conversation with Dylan about this last summer when I was trying to decide which MTM cannon to buy (I have a 1600 psi Greenworks PW from Lowes).  I believe he said it is merely marketing to say there is a difference between the two and MTM only makes one model directly.

^ The Adams Foam Gun is for non-pressurzied garden hose situations, the MTM is for pressure washers that operate via gas or electric.

Yeah I'm aware. The foam cannons generally need high water flow to make really impressive foam. My pressure washer has very low flow or gallons per minute. So if the foam cannon isn't going to produce foam better than the adams gun with my hose I'm not going to buy it I will just use the adams gun. I have a friend who has a foam cannon, but he lives across the country, when hooked to his little greenworks pressure washer the foam cannon is almost useless the adams gun works better. So when I saw that Jason has a pressure washer with similar gallons per minute I figured I would get another opinion on how the cannon works 

Edited by MattieDSC

^^Agreed Mattie.

If you watch Garry Dean's video on Youtube he uses a Karcher with 1.2 gpm and 1600psi.  He also uses the proper MTM 14.0349 foam cannon which has the proper nozzle for lower flow washers.  2 oz of soap and the container is half full with water and he is able to foam the car twice before emptying the bottle.  The suds look great to me on the video.

I think 2 things are lacking when we talk about the lack of suds from a foam cannon

-type of MTM cannon used vs. washer used

(The MTM cannon with a higher pressure rating is more readily available and you really have to check what MTM part number you are ordering to know)

-amount of soap vs. water in the bottle

(I've noticed many are trying to get away with 1 oz of soap and filling the bottle with 32 oz of water, and hoping for shaving cream.  If you are filling the bottle with 32 oz of solution, first of all you'll have enough to foam up at least 3 times so it may be too much for one car wash, and you do need to add more soap)

Watch Phil @ DD's video, when he is filling up the cannon bottle he is recommending 2-4 ounces of Car Shampoo and then fill with water.  You definitely need to use that amount in the cannon to get close to the thick shaving cream foam.  Which is why I'm saying if you are only filling the bottle halfway, or 2/3 perhaps, you may be able to get away with 1-2 ounces of soap.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

This may or may not help. But it looks like many people are helping you out. I had a gas PW and used the wand from that for the foaming lance. I think I got a similar Ryobi PW -electric- mounted to the wall. It took several trips to home depot to convert to quick connect and attach the lance. Most of the connects were near the power washer stuff and I needed a 90 from the plumbing isle for the connection because I mounted it to the wall. I needed separate wands with quick connects because of drying in the sun. I needed to make quick changes so the soap wont dry. Loving it so far.

post-12844-0-34969500-1430525687_thumb.jpg

Sooo my Griots foam gun broke yesterday.  Plastic quick connect lol.  I guess I know what I'm tossing in my next Adams order ha!

For all intents and purposes the hose is used the most in the wash and the cannon is great, but its not used every time I do a traditional wash.

Do you use the foam gun for every wash? If so, why not the foam cannon they are about the same setup wise. I wouldn't mind either but I got an electric pressure washer so I plan on getting the foam cannon so after I set up my pressures washer to rinse I can just keep the hose attached and use the foam cannon.