Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me with MTM Foam Cannon...PWD Not helpful...

Ricky Bobby

Question

Alright so I want to get the MTM Foam Cannon for use with my Ryobi 1700psi, 1.2 gpm washer I picked up from the Depot last weekend.  It comes with the 2 fittings shown, M22 threaded male, and 1/4" male quick connect.

1349_1_.jpg

10-0001_8445_225.jpg

I'd like to buy the MTM trigger gun above, for use strictly with the cannon.  Why?  Because I like the idea of the foam cannon being closer to my handle, and it will reserve my Ryobi trigger/wand combo for other taks.  Plus at $20 the extra trigger gun is cheap. 

On the trigger gun it says that:

Hose end is 3/8" female threads
Wand end is 1/4" female threads

So for the wand end, I would need a 1/4" male threaded (to gun) to 1/4" female quick connect (to cannon) to make the Cannon/Gun connection correct?  Just having trouble figuring out which adapter would make it work.

PWD I emailed already twice and they are insistent that because I'm using a Ryobi consumer model that I can't switch the gun out, I can't use the MTM cannon with it, and there are no adapters that would work and I only can use Ryobi parts.

For the hose to the MTM gun above, I'm already set I believe with this adapter from AR, as it will thread into the bottom of the MTM gun and has the M22 threads for the Ryobi hose that came with my unit

3_8-Male_M22-Male-Product_200.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

I use the MTM foam Cannon with a 3,000 psi pressure washer and it works great ! I would say that the less psi you have, it might not foam up as much considering it works using air injection to produce the foam. Just my 2 cents.

I have this PW. AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Z8E52Y/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_u1dtvb1EYFBBE

With 2-3oz soap, filled with water, I have no problem foaming the car, twice.

However, I don't use it all the time unless the car is very dirty. Mainly due to the fact that it's a little more work for me to get it in and out. Plus I prefer the sheeting rinse method and do not believe the needs of a PW for the rinse process. I use a foam gun for regular wash instead.

^^^this. Although a cannon is a fun tool The foam gun is something I use every time I do a traditional wash as it saves me an extra bucket to fill with water.

If the car is hAmmered and I am getting the PW out usually just pre soaking with diluted Rinseless to break up grime and then a heavy rinse, before the actual wash gets a ton of the built up dirt and grime and doesn't even necessitate foaming with the cannon.

Obviously it's a tool I will invest in someday but right now I do feel that the foam gun is something that is a great time saver and efficient tool to use every time you do a traditional wash.

One situation I found myself using the foam canon + PW is the pollen season like now. I washed my car the past week, no rain, but the whole car is covered in yellow color (black car). This morning I use the foam canon to foam the whole car, let the soap/foam run off, foam again, then just use the PW to rinse it off. Didn't touch the car at all, talk about full touchless wash. And use the "padding" drying method with the great white dry towel to dry. Car is safely cleaned. Only need to bring out the canon and the PW. Took me 30 mins from start to finish.

It's a good way to just quick wash the car as long as it isn't that dirty and especially easier if your car is sealed or coated as most stuffs won't stick on the paint. Makes this touchless method workable and no chances of scratches/rubbing.

Now if the car is anywhere I suspect it's dirty, a traditional two buckets method will be needed.

^agreed on that landshark, if it's just pollen and dust a foaming and thorough rinse is sometimes all that's needed.

Mattie, I'm saying the foam gun is a time saver because I'm not filling up a second bucket and dipping mitts into 2 buckets when I am using the foam gun.

By the way, I fixed my Griots gun yesterday (quick connect loosened up, put some Loctite on it), so I won't be getting an Adams one for a while yet (if it's not broke don't fix or replace IMO)

And for what it's worth, I took the metering tip off mine and just ran it full boar. The suds are unbelievable! Just 2-3 oz of soap and filled the 32 oz container. And even without the tip on there and running it wide open, I have enough solution in the gun to do a pre foaming, rinse, then foam up each section again before the mitt touches it.

So maybe I will be buying the cannon sooner than later after all....

One situation I found myself using the foam canon + PW is the pollen season like now. I washed my car the past week, no rain, but the whole car is covered in yellow color (black car). This morning I use the foam canon to foam the whole car, let the soap/foam run off, foam again, then just use the PW to rinse it off. Didn't touch the car at all, talk about full touchless wash. And use the "padding" drying method with the great white dry towel to dry. Car is safely cleaned. Only need to bring out the canon and the PW. Took me 30 mins from start to finish.

It's a good way to just quick wash the car as long as it isn't that dirty and especially easier if your car is sealed or coated as most stuffs won't stick on the paint. Makes this touchless method workable and no chances of scratches/rubbing.

Now if the car is anywhere I suspect it's dirty, a traditional two buckets method will be needed.

Perfect opportunity for a good blow dry!