Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time use of Adam's on my Sierra All Terrain

cev103

All I have to say is that I am extremely satisfied with my first time use of Adam's polishes. My truck is just over 2 months old so I want to keep it looking new. I started with the car shampoo using the two bucket method, then rinsed and applied the detail spray and dried. Next up was the clay bar with detail spray. Once that was done I applied the paint correction polish by hand using the orange hex grip applicator and then used the revive hand polish with the blue foam applicator.

Now it was time for the paint sealant, this is the product that made me want to switch to Adam's because I wanted longer lasting protection for my paint and I stumbled upon it while searching the interweb. I used the Porter Cable polisher and the gray 7" foam pad. I've never used a polisher before and I wish I had discovered this years ago. I was surprised at how easy the paint sealant came off too, even after letting it sit for about 20 minutes. I know they say that the paint sealant doesn't shine as good as the waxes, but I think it shines pretty damn good and it looks so much better than the other brand of polish that I used to use. I was going to put a coat of buttery wax, but time was not on my side today. I've attached an obligatory pic below:

post-12855-0-88812600-1430451340_thumb.jpg

Looks good.  Nice job doing it by hand!  You definitely need to get an orange pad for that PC to use with the paint correction polish.  Not only will it save you time but it will knock out the heavy stuff you can't get by doing it by hand. 

Looks good.  Nice job doing it by hand!  You definitely need to get an orange pad for that PC to use with the paint correction polish.  Not only will it save you time but it will knock out the heavy stuff you can't get by doing it by hand.

I actually placed another order shortly after I finished putting on the paint sealant with the PC. I ordered an orange, white, red and another gray pad along with a bottle of paint finishing polish. I plan on doing my wife's Tahoe sometime next week using only the PC, I think my days of hand polishing/waxing are over.

I managed to get the wife's Tahoe detailed today. This time I used the paint correction and paint finishing polish, both were applied using the Porter Cable with the orange and white foam pads. Afterwards I topped it off with a layer of paint sealant. This is 2013 that we bought new and the paint was still in pretty good shape, but there were imperfections and the orange pad on the PC knocked them out really good. This is a pretty time consuming process, and hopefully it will get better once I overcome my learning curve. I am really happy with the end result!

post-12855-0-47021600-1431053187_thumb.jpg

post-12855-0-38791200-1431053240_thumb.jpg