Customer Service 866.965.0400

Getting a hellcat need some advice

noquarter

Question

I am picking up my hellcat next week. Red with the flat black hood and rims.

I am new to adams products and need some help.

What wax would i want to use? I was thinking brilliant glaze?

Also, what works for the flat black? Manual says nothing with any wax or sheen to it.

The car will be garaged but will get a lot of use driving to work and at the drag strip.

Thanks

Edited by noquarter

Adams Product Question.

The dash on these cars are a soft textured rubber.  What product would be best to protect from sunlight?  I bought the leather kit, but assuming it would not be ok to use on this surface or would it?

9.5" wide wheels??!?!?!!??!? This is what gets me about most of the American made cars! (Aside from then Vette and ZL1, etc).

Who at Dodge suggested 9.5" wheels for the Hellcat?? Are you kidding me!!??? It's laughable! I think Toyota Camry's have 9.5" wheels!!! LOL.

Good move on changing them ASAP.

I'm currently evaluating a Z06/7 vs a GT3. If I go Z06, it will have HRE's or Forgeline wheels with 375's out back! There's nothing meaner looking than BIG FAT MEATS out back!

Go z06.  Best bang for the buck.  Plus they are just mean looking.  The GTR is an amazing car but always lacking in the looks department IMO.

Its not a matter of they wanted to put smaller wheels on.. there are a few things at play.

1. The challenger platform is old.  I give them credit for milking every last bit of performance out of an old Mercedes platform but it has limitations.  One of them being the amount of space in the wheel wells.

2. They wanted that 200MPH moniker.  For the engineers to achieve this, they couldn't have tire sticking out of the side causing drag.  So they chose a tire that tucks and streamlines the car for max MPH.

Granted.. I will admit, I think they miss the mark because not many people care about going to 200 MPH.  These are drag strip cars through and through... Dodge should have accommodated us.   But Im sure the bean counters in Marketing said.. "But if we could get 200MPH imagine the press". 

That being said, a relatively small wheel upgrade and these are high 10 second cars factory warrantied.   I just read on Modern Street Hemi, that someone just got 10.3 with a tune and a a 50 shot and posted the timeslip.   Ridiculous.

I am actually going with these Bravado Tribute 11" with 315s in the rear.  A HC owner confirmed they work and they look pretty damn good.. and very reasonably priced.   http://www.hellcat.org/threads/bravado-tribute-315-nt05s.7636/

I love me some forgeline, but after dropping 70k on the car my wife would murder me if I spent another 6k just on rims.  =0

the 315's look good...they stick out a little but nothing too bad

I really want to get the wife the Charger Hellcat, but they mark these up so much unfortunately. We might look at the SRT 392.

Great looking car none the less. Enjoy it!

I know.. I ordered day 1 and still had to go out and find this car at a different dealer.  Great car, but they botched the roll out which has led to the dealer mark up.

I know.. I ordered day 1 and still had to go out and find this car at a different dealer.  Great car, but they botched the roll out which has led to the dealer mark up.

It was sort of like the corvette. I remember when it 1st rolled out, you had to pay thousands over MSRP and good luck ordering it from a local dealer. I personally ordered over the phone from a dealer that was out of state 9% under MSRP. Perhaps I should take the wife to a dealer to see if she would want this car, then get on the forums and see how people are ordering it. 

I had my corvette drop shipped from the factory to a local dealer. 

if you don't mind me asking, what was the mark up?

It was sort of like the corvette. I remember when it 1st rolled out, you had to pay thousands over MSRP and good luck ordering it from a local dealer. I personally ordered over the phone from a dealer that was out of state 9% under MSRP. Perhaps I should take the wife to a dealer to see if she would want this car, then get on the forums and see how people are ordering it. 

I had my corvette drop shipped from the factory to a local dealer. 

if you don't mind me asking, what was the mark up?

Got lucky.. 3k.  For an auto thats a bargain 

Adams Product Question.

The dash on these cars are a soft textured rubber.  What product would be best to protect from sunlight?  I bought the leather kit, but assuming it would not be ok to use on this surface or would it?

The Adams Leather Conditioner that came with the kit has  UV blockers (SPF 65) that will protect the dash. What I normally do is spray a little Total Interior Detailer on a microfiber and wipe off the dash, console, doors etc. I then Apply the Leather Conditioner. I then follow with a microfiber to wipe off any excess. I also use the conditioner on the door panels as well. You could substitute the Adams Leather and Interior cleaner for the Total Interior Detailer. It is a little stronger so you really do not have to use a lot. Again spray a little on a microfiber and wipe.

Go z06.  Best bang for the buck.  Plus they are just mean looking.  The GTR is an amazing car but always lacking in the looks department IMO.

NOT GTR.... GT3! The 911 GT3 has a gorgeous and timeless look IMO. Yes, the Z06 is def mean and aggressive... But the GT3 is aggressive while still being classy and timeless.

But I'm really making the decision based MORE on what will be the best car to drive to the track, perform and drive home. 8-12 times a year/season.

Its not a matter of they wanted to put smaller wheels on.. there are a few things at play.

1. The challenger platform is old. I give them credit for milking every last bit of performance out of an old Mercedes platform but it has limitations. One of them being the amount of space in the wheel wells.

2. They wanted that 200MPH moniker. For the engineers to achieve this, they couldn't have tire sticking out of the side causing drag. So they chose a tire that tucks and streamlines the car for max MPH.

Granted.. I will admit, I think they miss the mark because not many people care about going to 200 MPH. These are drag strip cars through and through... Dodge should have accommodated us. But Im sure the bean counters in Marketing said.. "But if we could get 200MPH imagine the press".

That being said, a relatively small wheel upgrade and these are high 10 second cars factory warrantied. I just read on Modern Street Hemi, that someone just got 10.3 with a tune and a a 50 shot and posted the timeslip. Ridiculous.

I am actually going with these Bravado Tribute 11" with 315s in the rear. A HC owner confirmed they work and they look pretty damn good.. and very reasonably priced. http://www.hellcat.org/threads/bravado-tribute-315-nt05s.7636/

I love me some forgeline, but after dropping 70k on the car my wife would murder me if I spent another 6k just on rims. =0

Good points!

And while those Bravado Tributes are not my cup of tea, design-wise... They look really well-suited to the lines of the Challenger. I tend to gravitate more towards a traditional 5-spoke, multi-spoke or mesh design. My current HRE's are a 5-spoke.

post-12257-0-65877000-1432786523_thumb.jpg

post-12257-0-13100900-1432786594_thumb.jpg

Edited by PT3

The Adams Leather Conditioner that came with the kit has  UV blockers (SPF 65) that will protect the dash. What I normally do is spray a little Total Interior Detailer on a microfiber and wipe off the dash, console, doors etc. I then Apply the Leather Conditioner. I then follow with a microfiber to wipe off any excess. I also use the conditioner on the door panels as well. You could substitute the Adams Leather and Interior cleaner for the Total Interior Detailer. It is a little stronger so you really do not have to use a lot. Again spray a little on a microfiber and wipe.

Awesome... Thanks man

Good points!

And while those Bravado Tributes are not my cup of tea, design-wise... They look really well-suited to the lines of the Challenger. I tend to gravitate more towards a traditional 5-spoke, multi-spoke or mesh design. My current HRE's are a 5-spoke.

Im a 5 spoke fan too. Those go well with your bmw.

NOT GTR.... GT3! The 911 GT3 has a gorgeous and timeless look IMO. Yes, the Z06 is def mean and aggressive... But the GT3 is aggressive while still being classy and timeless.

But I'm really making the decision based MORE on what will be the best car to drive to the track, perform and drive home. 8-12 times a year/season.

My bad misread.

Still think a z06 will be faster on the track, especially with the stage 3 aero. The z06 is a direct result of lessons learned from corvette racing dominating ALMS series for the past decade. They are track beasts.

I will agree to disagree on Porche, with the exception of the 918 which just looks sick. I have never been a Porche fan, looks wise. To me they have looked the same for 50 years. Some people love that about them, but i like evolution of exterior design. No doubt they are finely tuned and do what they do extremely well.

My bad misread.

Still think a z06 will be faster on the track, especially with the stage 3 aero. The z06 is a direct result of lessons learned from corvette racing dominating ALMS series for the past decade. They are track beasts.

I will agree to disagree on Porche, with the exception of the 918 which just looks sick. I have never been a Porche fan, looks wise. To me they have looked the same for 50 years. Some people love that about them, but i like evolution of exterior design. No doubt they are finely tuned and do what they do extremely well.

Solid points. Just tend to appreciate the refinements typical with Porsche. And my personal preference is to have something a bit more timeless and classy.

But at the same time, the value of the Z06 is far greater and there's sometime about an American V8 too!

I think either way I go, I'll end up getting both eventually as I'm just starting to assemble a collection. Just one at a time! Lol.

Edited by PT3

Solid points. Just tend to appreciate the refinements typical with Porsche. And my personal preference is to have something a bit more timeless and classy.

But at the same time, the value of the Z06 is far greater and there's sometime about an American V8 too!

I think either way I go, I'll end up getting both eventually as I'm just starting to assemble a collection. Just one at a time! Lol.

There is nothing that sounds better imo than a pushrod v8 =)

I got the car back home safely and im going to get detailing it over the next 2 days.

This car is absolute bonkers. It sounds like its always pissed and ready to rip your face off and acceleration is breathtaking. No matter what rpm or speed when you want more it give it to you in spades.

I give props to the srt boys.. The Hellcat motor is a beast.

Edited by noquarter

I got the car back home safely and im going to get detailing it over the next 2 days.

This car is absolute bonkers. It sounds like its always pissed and ready to rip your face off and acceleration is breathtaking. No matter what rpm or speed when you want more it give it to you in spades.

I give props to the srt boys.. The Hellcat motor is a beast.

700hp supercharged horses from a hemi... Mmmmm, yummy!

Enjoy it! Just don't drive it beyond it's handling/braking limits... Which with that power plant is quote easy I'm sure!

Get some pics up soon!

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/noquarter1976/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab122/noquarter1976/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg

Some cell phone pics.... Will get some better dslrs when i get her detailed.

Speaking of, what adams product will keep my black plastic protected from sun. The rear spoiler, front air damn, etc?

post-12471-0-73663300-1433040678_thumb.jpg

post-12471-0-61198300-1433040692_thumb.jpg

Edited by noquarter

I just found this for care of spoiler, fuel door and hood which are satin finish.

http://hellcat.got-boost.org/wiki/media/Hellcat_Satin_Finish_Care_and_Protection.pdf

For spot cleaning its recommending glass cleaner which is interesting.

Assuming vrt is out. Quick sealent would prob be the best route?

The front air damn is typical black textured plastic so i would think vrt would work for that

Edited by noquarter