Customer Service 866.965.0400

a not so positive review on H2o g and g

So I tried this product on my truck yesterday... to say the least I was not impressed! I'm hoping I did something wrong and yall can tell me what it is that I did wrong.

I washed the entire truck with the 2 bucket method.... then while the panels were plenty wet, I went to use the guard and gloss. I misted some on a panel and commenced to smear it around with a wet rag... then over that with a dry double soft... I ended up having the product smeared all over the place and it was almost impossible to buff off... I ended up going back over it with a wet rag followed by a dry rag. Then it turned out fine... tell me what I did wrong?

Maybe the towel was too wet the first time over?  From your description, it sounds like there was quite a bit of water left on the car after rinsing. As others said, go a little easy on misting the HGG over the vehicle then try wiping with a plush microfiber that's been wrung out so it's damp but not dripping wet. You want your wet towel to both spread the HGG and absorb the excess water.  If you're still having trouble with smearing and difficulty removing, try the dry application and see if that works better.

Well I guess I used entirely too much product... sun was out but not too hot. Beautiful weather. That being said I used a bunch... I didn't seem to be getting product to spread around like I wanted it to. I tried wringing the towel out and I tried it with a dripping wet towel. By what all yall are saying though, I can tell I just used WAY too much product... will attempt again.

While I'm here, me and a couple of my buddies have noticed after using the guard and gloss, it's very difficult to use detail spray on the paint... makes it a smearing mess... any input on that?

Less is more people.  With a DS wipe and HGG application

Make sure you knocked down the excess haze from HGG, give it a night to cure up before using DS on it.

If you slather a bunch of HGG and then saturate with DS I'm assuming you would have a hard time removing all the excess product from the surface.  You aren't slathering dressing on your paint people, dial back the product amount.

I think this is headed in the right direction I would be curious to know if using less corrects the issue. On a positive note I did use quite a bit of it on my car during my Saturday wash and it leveled out quite nicely. It was later in the day though so I bet temp and sun conditions were ideal for me. Good luck in resolving this. I have seen great results on my car. If anything, it has made drying a different task because now the surface seems to be much much more hydrophobic. It's a good thing for sure.

Guest washemup

Watch the application video again.

You'll see as Dylan spreads it, it's disappearing into the clearcoat, the only thing he is wiping off is light streaks and water. If you get a "spot" that doesn't "disappear" when using the dry towel, flip your wet towel to a clean side, make a pass over the spot, and the dry towel will take care of it.

Watch how he sprays HGG across the panel or towel, misting it all the way across the door for wet application, and going all the way across for dry. This particular panel with the window I'm guessing is about 4 1/2' x 4', 18 sq ft. So if your doing a 3x3 area, or 9 sq ft use 1/2 as much. Give the bottle a shake before each application.

I absolutely love this stuff, my biggest problem is what to do with my other LSP's? This one is so fast and easy and goes on with water for lubrication that will lessen chances of marring paint when applying and wiping off, why would I want to do it any other way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=cdVpa6jz08c

Edited by washemup

Some of my thoughts may have been mentioned but here they are.  I recently used it on both our family DD's.  It was super fast for the Wash and seal.  I would say make sure to be in the shade, or on a day with overcast, the sun may cause quick drying of product and some streaking.  I tried once to do two panels before I buffed off and it seemed more difficult to level out.  So stick to one panel.  I also really didn't wet my towel first, just let the water from the first panel or two dampen my towel and that worked really well.  Most spots buffed off pretty easy.  Side note, I also did my satin black wheels with it while they were still a little wet.  They came out basically like quick sealant looks wise, added a nice sheen to them.  But very easy to apply since I didn't have to dry them.  

I absolutely love this stuff, my biggest problem is what to do with my other LSP's? This one is so fast and easy and goes on with water for lubrication that will lessen chances of marring paint when applying and wiping off, why would I want to do it any other way?

Stock up on HGG and consolidate your shelves.  With all the advances in polymer sealant technology I haven't used a traditional "wax" in a few years now.