Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash followed by H2O G&G?

PerforinTSI

Question

Hey Adam's Team and Community

Just recently ordered the Rinseless wash per all of your suggestions yesterday, and I'm super excited to use it!  My previous method has been a traditional 2BM technique with hose for pre-rinse to knock down major dirt and a follow-up rinse post shampooing prior to spraying on the H2O G&G.

Now that I'm switching over to the rinseless wash, can I do the following?

1. Rinseless wash WITHOUT immediately drying

2. H2O G&G onto damp towel, on-top of residual rinseless wash on car (Any problems with the two interacting?)

3. Drying with extra mf towels if any residual moisture left over.

All of the above would be done in the shade of course.  As usual, appreciate all the help!

15 answers to this question

Hey Adam's Team and Community

Just recently ordered the Rinseless wash per all of your suggestions yesterday, and I'm super excited to use it!  My previous method has been a traditional 2BM technique with hose for pre-rinse to knock down major dirt and a follow-up rinse post shampooing prior to spraying on the H2O G&G.

Now that I'm switching over to the rinseless wash, can I do the following?

1. Rinseless wash WITHOUT immediately drying  You have a limited time to dry, you should dry the panel immediately after cleaning it.  If the rinseless residue starts to dry or dries completely though, you can just mist some of your diluted rinseless on the panel to reactivate it and wipe away any spots or residues.

2. H2O G&G onto damp towel, on-top of residual rinseless wash on car (Any problems with the two interacting?)  Dylan can confirm for sure on the chemistry but I recall no problems with this, as the panel will be damp already.  Then wipe off all residues in one step.

3. Drying with extra mf towels if any residual moisture left over.  No problem at all, the more towels the better.

All of the above would be done in the shade of course.  As usual, appreciate all the help!

See above hope that helps

The only potential issue I see for issues is that the solution left on the panel from Rinseless Washing contains wax, that with the sealant going down could have an issue. It might not, but to be on the safe side I would suggest removing Rinseless residues, or at least removing excess before applying HGG.

The only potential issue I see for issues is that the solution left on the panel from Rinseless Washing contains wax, that with the sealant going down could have an issue. It might not, but to be on the safe side I would suggest removing Rinseless residues, or at least removing excess before applying HGG.

Hey Shine Doc!

In the HGG how-to video, you demonstrate an option to apply HGG without moisture on the panel.  Would it be better to completely dry the car, then using a spray bottle to wet the surface a little prior to spraying on the HGG, should I just stick with the "dry application" (with wet towel) method you detail in the video?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by PerforinTSI

Hey Shine Doc!

In the HGG how-to video, you demonstrate an option to apply HGG without moisture on the panel.  Would it be better to completely dry the car, then using a spray bottle to wet the surface a little prior to spraying on the HGG, should I just stick with the "dry application" (with wet towel) method you detail in the video?

Thanks in advance!

That's what I did this past weekend and it worked great. Rinseless wash/dry, then filled bottle with distilled water and double soft towel damp with some distilled water. Just drenched a panel with water and spritzed a little HGG on panel, wiped around with damp double soft and buffed dry with a dry double soft. I liked this method because I could see the HGG activate on the panel and for me it went smoother than the dry method that has you spray the HGG on the towel and wipe onto the section.

Waterless wash first, wiped it off.

Wetted microfiber pad, sprayed with Hgg and wiped on, wiped off with single soft micro fiber towel.

Had intermittent problem getting Hgg off all the way, had to go back with detail spray to get the ghost residue off.

Was done in garage. Some I wiped off right away, some I waited a few minutes. Had intermittent problem both ways.

Any thoughts?

Too much product would be my gut reaction. How many sprays per panel? Also, you say wetted, how damp was the applicator? Did you use a blue MF applicator sold on this site or something else? You need it loaded with a decent amount of H2O, not dripping wet, but not just misted with some water. It needs water to activate so sounds like your HGG to water ratio is a little off. You did spray onto the pad and not the paint correct?Make sure the applicator has enough water and try reducing the number of HGG sprays into the applicator per panel and see where that gets you.

Edited by Junior

It was the blue microfiber applicator I only soaked it when I first started. It was dripping water. But I only wet it once. Maybe three squirts on a panel, the squirts were to the pad not the car, since this was a dry application.. Thanks for your help.

Okay then based on that try hitting it with two shots. Those pads have so much less surface area versus the Double Soft I bet you saturated it a little more than ideal.I think Less is More for this and many of the Adams products. Thin layers are best. I have used the HGG on my personal cars probably 10 times and done a few SUVs and and one or two other vehicles and just now got down to half the bottle.

Edited by Junior

First post! 3 towels is how I do it.

Pre soak with qd dilution, wash panel with saturated plush microfiber, 2-3 hits of h2o gg right on the wet panel, spread and dry with wrung out plush microfiber, buff with waffle weave.

One thing though, you have to move FAST between the drying and buffing if you're doing this in the sun or you will get streaks. I'm thinking about picking up the little waterless waffle weaves so I can dry with one hand and follow right behind it with the waffle weave in the other.

Oh and check this out:

I was able to wash, clay, and seal my car in record time, in my garage.

Start with a bucket rinseless filled with plush towels. Pre soak with qd dilution rinseless, wash panel, clay while panel is still wet using qd rinseless as lubricant.

Grab a fresh towel from the bucket and do another wash pass to get rid of the residue. Spray newly wet panel with h2o gg, spread with damp towel, buff with waffle weave.

I did this for six sections of my little coupe. The only downside is it used a lot of towels, but the efficiency was superb. All the towels get thrown in the washing machine anyways.

Since I don't need my grit guards anymore they've made nice little stands for my drying towels.