Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wipers smearing Glass Sealant

jswhite

Question

I used the glass sealant for the first time yesterday and followed the procedures on the video, etc.  I went for a drive about 3 hours afterwards.  A bug hit the windshield and I hit the wipers just to see if the bug would come off (did not use fluid).  When the wipers made their pass the whole window became smeared from the wipers (not the bug...).  It had to be the sealant smearing.  So, I am wondering:

1) Is it possible I used too much product even though I wiped it all off?

2) Should I have let it cure more than the 30 seconds to a minute that I did let it cure?

3) Is it the wiper blades?  I bought this car used so I don't know how old the wipers are.

I will say that the sealant definitely works as I had to use wiper fluid to clear the window and the fluid shot off the window almost before the blades could spread it!

As a follow on question, should I redo the process (clay, etc) to reapply the product?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

You know my GF told me this the first time she used the wipers in the rain and I didn't believe her because when I was in the car a few days later in the rain the glass was awesome.  Maybe after laying down the sealant it wouldn't hurt to clean the glass and blades with glass cleaner and see if it fixes smearing on the first use after sealant.