Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ready for polish!

chops1sc

Question

18 answers to this question

As long as you and the vehicle are in from the rain, there should be no reason not to polish!

Here in Michigan, rained all last night and all day today so far, and I spent my day in the garage correcting, polishing, and sealing a vehicle.

Thanks for the re-assurance! On to the LSP!

I have a "white wax" that I bought when I got my truck back in March (I know, the wax doesn't know what color my truck is, lol). I have applied it by hand once before and since I have a DA now and a black pad could I use the DA to apply the wax? How long do I need to work it and do I still need to buff it off?

Sure you can.  If this is the one from the M company then you can even use it with a cutting or polishing pad as it has abrasives in it.  It corrects very well for an all in one product.  Basically use it like a compound or polish.  Give it a shot.

Guest washemup

The only difference you may see is the work time of your polish in higher humidity.

I would do an IPA wipedown of each panel before beginning any polishing, since the truck has sat overnight, it's gathered some dust, you don't want any contaminates on your pads.

Finished up this morning! I still have a few defects, but being my first time at correction I think it went very well.

21C7D03F-A54C-4B72-A665-3BC0786B37E5.jpg

43488DF4-E640-446F-AB1C-5BCE9B245ADB_1.j

The sun is directly overhead right now. These were the only shots I could get before going behind that cloud, lol! I'll try to get a better one this evening.

IKR!?

In this pic I couldn't even look, I just took a ton of shots and picked the best one, LOL!

21C7D03F-A54C-4B72-A665-3BC0786B37E5.jpg

But in the shop I was able to see some of the deeper scratches that were hiding behind the swirls. I am not looking for perfection since this is a DD and I will be using to to do camping in the near future. I am sure there will be a few branches rubbing the sides in the coming years :eek:

^Is that a 50/50 ?

I don't know what that is, lol!

This is a 50/50 shot of a white car.  It was dark outside and the lights are a pair of 500W halogens,  I put the blue painters tape down the middle and polished the right side.  Then peeled back the tape for this shot.  

12ToyotaYaris007_zps8c776019.jpg

No that's just a reflection of the side of my house. Those defects are still there because I went too fast and didn't let the compound work. I think I need a harder cutting pad like the new MF Adams just came out with.