Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant glaze on light colour cars

AvsBest

Question

I tried the brilliant glaze as a top up on a very light blue car on half of the hood only. I couldn't see the difference whatsoever between the side with brilliant glaze and the one without.

I have seen the glaze on a black car and it gave it this very wet/car reveal type look.

Is it fair to say that if you use the brilliant glaze on top of your protection, it would only make a difference on dark colour vehicles?

6 answers to this question

It's not only Glaze that doesn't show good on darker vehicles, Waxes will do the same thing.

With light blue you will see mild results under certain light, more likely at night in street light reflections and what not like that.

Like Justin said, darker colors will always have more pop to them.

Yes, glaze will usually yield better results on darker paints. It also makes the metallic in paint pop more. Glaze+patriot really brought out the metallic on my Sebring silver metallic SS.

A lot of the lighter colors won't show as much depth as darker colors, which makes the result seem unsatisfying. It's just the nature of different colors. Black will always yield better looking results, but just know that 2 minutes later you'll be able to tell its dirty already. Ha.

If your clear coat is scratch-free there is little it can do for it. No matter what color the car is. At least from what I understand about how glaze works. I could be wrong though, lol!

Edited by chops1sc