Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex help guys please

ExpressThis13

Question

Ok so Ive been having an issue with my flex thus far this year. I could hold the pad in place with no forced rotation and I knew something was wrong I thought I had messed up something in the flex until Dylan had done the recent ask the shine doc video talking about PM care of the polishers and I had noticed the backing plate was wrong. Well apparently someone had removed the factory backing plate to put the smaller pad on it and then had replaced it with the backing plate from the PC so needless to say this whole time my flex had just been a pc in a simple sense. Now I did find the original backing plate that came with my flex but here is the problem. The factory hex screw/bolt and washer are missing. I have found a website that sells the screw and washer for 99c each (awesome) so could imagine my excitment but then it calculates shipping. $6 shipping for small screw and washer? If anyone has any info where I could a screw and washer that would make me have my flex back I would be forever grateful.

15 answers to this question

I dont have a clue what the size is. I was hoping for Dylan to chime in since they sell and service them. Ive torn apart my garage looking for it. I have one last spot that just came to mind I wil check in the morning ive no luck I will just bite the bullet and order it online. Hate to pay 8$ for a screw and washer but oh well. cheaper than replacing the entire backing plate I suppose.

I am going to go with 5/16-20. I bought a tap to relocate a handle on one of their other pipe polishing tools. I'm not sure the length, but the size is common to other equipment they manufacture.

Buy the original !! Nothing is going to be as bad as the backing plate coming off from vibration and leaving a nice dent with paint missing on your vehicle,that will be the result. I learned the hard way !!!! Won't do that again nor should you.  :o

Don't shoot the messenger :-)  I agree whole heartedly with you.  just not everyone else does...get the right part the first time but I guess that is up to the OP.  I am sure too that wherever he sourced the part from for that price probably has something else he could buy as well to make himself feel better about the shipping cost.  Hey truckers and logistic's companies need to eat too right!!!!

Edited by ledger64

I have searched high and low, while I can find the part online, I can't find the specs. It is somewhere around 5/16-20, but if I've learned anything in my hunt for hardware in the past its that "LOOKS LIKE" and "FITS LIKE" are two very different things. I am STILL on the hunt for a bolt that holds an accent piece on my wheels and while I've found plenty of close fits, I haven't found the right one.

Sure - $6 on shipping a tiny part is a bummer, but the piece of mind of having the CORRECT part show up is worth a lot, plus its not like you'll have to ever do this again. Provided you don't lose the bolt you'll never need to buy another one. Get one less coffee at Starbucks this week and the cost of shipping is offset ;)