Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash IS better than Rinseless....

PT3

Question

22 answers to this question

What do you use Waterless for? Do you also use Rinseless?

I use Waterless for almost everything. Pre-soaks, bird droppings, quick touch ups, etc. I know that diluted rinseless works just as well, but its nice to just grab a bottle and go sometimes. Plus, I still have about two gallons of Waterless Wash left so I want to use that up.

I do use Rinseless as well, and once my Waterless stash is up I'll most likely switch to diluted Rinseless only, purely for the money savings, but I've yet to be let down by Waterless Wash.

Edited by Gen9Rolla

I was thinking of picking up just rinseless, is waterless really that much better? Wouldn't a diluted APC work better for stubborn stuff the rinseless pre soak wouldn't remove?

I'm under the impression APC (diluted or not) will remove wax/sealant...?

Whereas WW will not.

@TheShineDoc - can you weigh in here?

I think I'll use diluted Rinseless for general washing. And keep WW on hand to get bugs and grime off.

I use Waterless for almost everything. Pre-soaks, bird droppings, quick touch ups, etc. I know that diluted rinseless works just as well, but its nice to just grab a bottle and go sometimes. Plus, I still have about two gallons of Waterless Wash left so I want to use that up.

I do use Rinseless as well, and once my Waterless stash is up I'll most likely switch to diluted Rinseless only, purely for the money savings, but I've yet to be let down by Waterless Wash.

I keep a gallon of pre-mixed diluted Rinseless. And I keep a 32oz spray bottle with it always on hand. So I CAN just grab a bottle and go.

Damn thats a friggin massive explosion.

I would think a stronger concentration of pre-soak Rinseless (8:1 or 6:1) should probably be able to break down the bug guts just as well as the RTU Waterless.  However, I agree, the "QD ratio" 16:1 Rinseless is more of a pre-soak on panels before rinseless washing, you do need something stronger to break up bugs.

Not sure about the chemistry of each product but I would think Adam's Rinseless in the higher doses should break up bugs well.

I do use another polymer product though with no wax additive and at the diluted ratio it is awesome on breaking up bug guts, but it is more concentrated than Rinseless or Waterless.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Damn thats a friggin massive explosion.

I would think a stronger concentration of pre-soak Rinseless (8:1 or 6:1) should probably be able to break down the bug guts just as well as the RTU Waterless.  However, I agree, the "QD ratio" 16:1 Rinseless is more of a pre-soak on panels before rinseless washing, you do need something stronger to break up bugs.

Not sure about the chemistry of each product but I would think Adam's Rinseless in the higher doses should break up bugs well.

I do use another polymer product though with no wax additive and at the diluted ratio it is awesome on breaking up bug guts, but it is more concentrated than Rinseless or Waterless.

I agree and adding more rinsless in when diuting helps break up the contaminents better

Whereas WW will not.

I think I'll use diluted Rinseless for general washing. And keep WW on hand to get bugs and grime off.

I have a glass coating so I'm not to worried about using a diluted APC on it. I think i will try some rinseless at 8:1 for bugs etc. on my next wash and go from there.

Edited by wely324

Whereas WW will not.

Correct. APC will remove a wax or sealant, but to be honest the odds are a critter of that size impacting your paint probably took whatever was on the surface with it so you probably need to reapply protection anyways. Lets remember - these guys are hard on the outside and impacting your bumper at high speed - the microscopic layer of wax or sealant over your paint is helping prevent it from sticking too badly, but its likely gone after that hit.

Theres also the chance that whatever 'goo' left behind was not kind to the protection - some bug guts will even etch paint, so if the impact didn't get it, the guts might.

So.... if WW or diluted RW isn't getting the job done don't be affraid to use a little APC and warm water to get the job done. You can rewax just that area/panel/whatever as needed.

Waterless wash is a newfound favorite of mine. It's my preferred go-to now instead of detail spray for any type of cleaning, especially with the waterless wash towels. I actually did the plastic bad test on both the detail spray and the waterless wash. The waterless wash removed a considerable amount of the contaminants. For maintenance, for me, It'll be waterless wash then detail spray from now on.

I'm searching around to see if it's ok to use while claying? Instead of detail spray.

Edited by OmniCamaro

Waterless wash is a newfound favorite of mine. It's my preferred go-to now instead of detail spray for any type of cleaning, especially with the waterless wash towels. I actually did the plastic bad test on both the detail spray and the waterless wash. The waterless wash removed a considerable amount of the contaminants. For maintenance, for me, It'll be waterless wash then detail spray from now on.

I'm searching around to see if it's ok to use while claying? Instead of detail spray.

Detail spray isn't really a cleaner, more of an enhancer. WW is slicker than DS so it may make the clay too slick and not pick up everything. It also leaves behind no gloss or protection like you would get with DS.

WW cleans, DS enhances.

You can use the RTU waterless or diluted Rinseless as clay lube and both work great. If you are polishing and don't want any gloss added it's probably preferable to clay with Waterless since its leaving nothing behind.

Usually the problem with claying is not having the surface slick enough which leads to marring, I have used many slick lubes and all work well to decontaminate with clay.