Customer Service 866.965.0400

HGG water bead and sheeting after 1 month

Guest washemup

Question

Guest washemup

We got a little rain shower today (much needed), so I took the opportunity to take some pics of the beading. Last HGG application done 1st week of July.

post-12794-0-37194300-1438809679_thumb.jpg

post-12794-0-18652600-1438809746_thumb.jpg

post-12794-0-55420600-1438809792_thumb.jpg

I realize beading is only part of what protection does, so I got out my hose to do a sheeting rinse on the hood.

post-12794-0-93734200-1438809828_thumb.jpg

post-12794-0-64914400-1438809918_thumb.jpg

post-12794-0-51521100-1438809960_thumb.jpg

Very impressive to me!

11 answers to this question

Guest washemup

I really like it as well when doing someone else's car who just wants a wash/wax. Saves a lot of time vs traditional wash, dry, wax, buff, for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money getting their car cleaned.

Plus I tell them your not getting a plain old wax, your getting an acrylic resin sealant that will protect your paint, trim, and glass for 2 months as well as shining your car up. Everyone's car I've used it on likes it!

I'm starting to warm up to it. I used it recently when washing my Edge before a roadtrip where I knew I'd be pelted with bug guts. It makes for easy cleanup when I got home.

My only complaint is that I use ALOT of it. Maybe I'm misusing it, but I will probably get 4 or 5 cars out of a bottle. It's also quite an adjustment for my dry routine. I've been sheet rinsing + electric leaf blower dry + quick wipe for years and am trying to figure out how to add this product to that routine.

My only complaint is that I use ALOT of it. Maybe I'm misusing it, but I will probably get 4 or 5 cars out of a bottle. It's also quite an adjustment for my dry routine. I've been sheet rinsing + electric leaf blower dry + quick wipe for years and am trying to figure out how to add this product to that routine.

You might want to try scaling back on the amount applied. I did 2 cars and seemed to barely put a dent in the 16oz bottle... I could see getting 15-20 applications out of it.

My biggest challenge was the nozzle, which seems to spurt out at the start of the squeeze before the product becomes more of a mist. I use it just like in the video with the CTS wagon.

Agree on the change in technique, I'm also working through adjustments to my method. After the 2 cars I think that I'll sheet rinse as I normally would, then put my hose trigger back on and use the "mist" setting before doing each section. Alternatively I'll use the pressure washer wand with the washer turned off, but that requires some distance for the mist to break up. This ensures a truly wet application, even if the weather is hot and water is evaporating as I work my way around the car.

If I do any blow drying it's at the end, so that the protection is there in case any dirt comes out of the air stream and cracks. Realistically I have cut blow drying out of my technique altogether, save maybe for the wheels, and perhaps mirrors if I am washing then driving the car within a few hours.

Edited by butters

Guest washemup

In Dylan's application video, look at the size of the panel of the CTS wagon he is using 3 sprays on. It's around 3' x 4' I'm guessing. I use this as a standard for how much to apply, as some panels will be smaller and some larger.

The 3 sprays he is using are covering around 12 square feet. So I use 1 mist for every 4 square feet of the panel I'm doing.

The only thing I do different is I use 2 wet towels.

After completing the first panel, I put the "used" wet towel in the bucket, mist the next panel, then get out the "new" towel, wring it out until not dripping but damp, this gives the HGG time to work with the water on the car. Spread it out evenly with the damp towel, and just wipe away any remaining water with the dry towel. If you have a spot where it wasn't completely spread, (these will appear hazy) just wipe again with damp towel and follow with dry towel. Repeat process on next panel.

I don't do a pooling rinse after washing when planning to apply HGG, just knock some of the excess water off the horizontal areas of the vehicle with the hose spraying from one end to the other , you need water on the panel to activate the HGG.

If it's hot outside and the panel happens to get somewhat dry before I get to it, I don't wring out the wet towel quite as much, just leave it lightly dripping and spray the HGG on the towel and spread.

Edited by washemup