Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using gen 5 pads over the course of two days?

imcrazy

Question

I am a major detailing newb but, trying to learn how to do it right!

I polished & sealed the hood & fenders on my 2014 GMC Sierra today but, didn't get around to the rest of the truck. I hit the pads with a little detailing spray and tossed each of them in a zip lock bag to keep 'em moist for tomorrow, should I be OK to use those pads again tomorrow?

Thanks!

P.S. I hope this is the right section of the forum and FWIW I found Adam's through gm-trucks.com..

6 answers to this question

That should work.  I would be sure to use the pad brush on them before starting tomorrow. Dried polish can scratch the paint. Just be careful and look at them closely.  When you can get a second set of pads. That way you know there is no polish in the pads the next day and if you clean the first day pads they will have a day or so to dry.

agreed you can also put the bag in the fridge as well to keep them fresh too.  i keep my patriot dedicated hex grip in the fridge too on the same shelf with my patriot wax.

the best thing you can do is buy yourself a couple extra orange and white pads that way in the future you don't have to worry.

You'll be fine.

While working shows for Adam's we'll use the same pads over the course of an entire weekend, unless they get dirty, or clogged with polish. As others stated, brush the dried polish off them and moisten the remaining polish in the pad with Detail Spray.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Here is a shot of the results so far. I had used some meguiars Ultimate compond about a month ago and just didn't get the scratches and swirls out, this adam's two step polish is great and I think I got 99% of the inperfections out, I did have to use the MF cutting pad on a few sections. It's funny that you can see the old nylon wash brush hanging in the back ground since it's was caused most of the damage before I got hip to how to wash a vehicle properly. My next purchase will be a foam gun to help reduce the potential for damaging the paint going forward.

post-13278-0-58363400-1439126445_thumb.jpg

Edited by imcrazy

Well I just finished the truck up and it turned out really nice, there are a few areas where I couldn't get all the scratches out even with the MF cutting pad but, you can only see them with a spot light within 6" of the truck so I say the hell with it, it's a daily driven truck and I work it like a truck so it's not gonna be a show car. One note on GM paint these days, it sucks and it's thin.... I have 26k miles on this 2014 I do about 15% of my driving on the high way and I'm not one to follow very closely but, I've got at least 6 or 7 little rock chips.... My next conquest will probably be touching those up...