Customer Service 866.965.0400

Advice Sought: First Time Adam's Products User

rmorin49

Question

I took delivery of a 2016 Laguna Blue Stingray Coupe a couple of weeks ago.  I applied one coat of a competitor brand polish, names begins with K and it's a German product.  I followed this with 2 coats of the same brand of paint sealant.  I want to use similar products from Adams.  What would you advise and what do I need to do to prepare my car for their use?  Thanks from a Newbie.

Edited by rmorin49

9 answers to this question

First off welcome to the forums! You have found the group to help you feed that shine addiction. 

Certainly need some good washing equipment. 

You may want to consider clay baring the car to remove any overspray from the factory and other contaminates, after a good wash and clay I would personally start with the liquid paint sealant and then your wax of choice, Buttery, Patriot, or Americana. 

There is tons of info depending on the wax of choice that you would like to use. 

If you're looking for the same kind of products you can go with Adam's Revive Polish and Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant.

However, there are MANY Adam's products that will help you keep that gorgeous car gorgeous.  I recommend you watch the videos and pick up the things that catch you attention.  They are all world-class.

Congrats on your new Stingray, and the Klasse, I assume that's what you are using, is a very good product!   If you keep it indoors, day an night, try our Brilliant Glaze.  If your paint is bumpy, even a tad, use a clay bar.   We can get crazy from there, but try that to start.

What are you liking for cleaning your wheels, dressing your tires, etc?

Congratulations on your Stingray! I really like the blue! The sealant you have on would be fine. How often do you drive it? What climate do you live in? I am assuming it is kept in a garage. You could top it with Americana or Patriot wax. What have you done to protect the black parts of the car? I would use Adams Quick Sealant for those as well as the wheels.

I will give you an example of what I did with our new Challenger Hellcat. I first washed and clayed the paint. I then applied Adams Liquid Paint Sealant. I then apply Adams Patriot Wax maybe once a month or so. I also use Adams Brilliant Glaze if I want a quick shine without a wax build up. I protected all the black plastic parts and wheels with Adams Quick Sealant. This is a very durable and versatile product. I dress the tires with Adams SVRT. I also sealed the windows with Adams Glass Sealant.

My suggestion is to keep the sealant that you have and top it with either American or Patriot, learn as much as you can from the video's and the forum, and enjoy your new car!

My car has been garaged and covered since delivery 3 weeks ago.  Do I need to clay it or can I give it a good wash using Dawn and then apply Adams paint sealant and a coat of Buttery Wax?  I am tempted to use the H2O Guard and Gloss as the video makes it look so easy to apply.  Is it applied as the first coat?  Can you put a layer of wax on it immediately or should it cure for several hours?  Sorry for all the questions but I have never used Adams products before.  Thanks.

you should clay for best results and longevity from your sealant. yes you can apply HGG as your first layer. The forum is filled with great information which you can search very easily, and there are mutliple threads on H2O GG and youll be able to see how others here apply it and how they layer the various sealants and waxes.

Edited by wely324

Randall,

Congrats on the new ride! Even new cars will have some level of contamination in the paint. Ideally, you want to remove those before sealing up the paint, but it is not absolutely necessary. I would say it is more important to do prior to polishing for various reasons. You can pretty much use the HGG at any point you wish. It is a synthetic sealant and I think it will probably be a good reload or topper to what you have already applied. You don't have to wait after you apply the HGG to top it with a wax. In my opinion, it is a bad idea to wash with dish soap. I really think it is better to do a strip wash with Adams Shampoo and 2 oz of APC instead or do a normal wash and then an IPA wipedown with 1:1 water to isopropyl alcohol. But that is really only if you want to completely cleanse the paint to start fresh at this time. You can clay the car before you go to polish it in the future or when you want to start fresh with your LSP. Like Adam said check to see if it is bumpy. Best way to do that is after a wash take a ziplock bag and put your hand in it and glide it over the paint. If it is rough then clay.