Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dealership Detailing? Think again......

Odds and Ends

My current "fix it" project.  My customer purchased this 2013 A5 Cabriolet from a local Audi dealership.  Hmmmmmm.....those are some good buffer trails!  I'm not sure I could do this if I tried.  Maybe I could get this guy to do some "hologram art" for me.

post-3636-0-56996700-1440519343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Odds and Ends

I manage a dealership detail department, and even I think that is especially bad.  I don't know why anyone would go back and forth so much instead of longways across the panel.

Exactly.....poor technique, poor training, poor QC, but I'm sure they delivered the car on time!  :)

My guess is that they were told to "fix the scratches" on that section and didn't want to take the time to do the whole rear of the car.  The trunk is pretty jacked up too and as far as fixing the scratches......they're still there but now they're masked by the buffer trails!

My detailers have a pretty good amount of experience, but they can still easily leave a bunch of holograms.  Now that I've learned about the Rupes and the Flex, I'm trying to get them to use those instead of the rotaries, but some detailers can be very set in their ways.  I'm trying to at least get them to finish up with the orbitals even if they still like the quick cutting that they get with the rotaries.