Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Black Vehicle

2015 Z06

Question

11 answers to this question

Clay that thing and throw some sealant on there for protection.

Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career.  Have fun, I'm sure there are some defects on there that could use some polishing on your new car prep detail.

What is the lowers?  Is that a factory body kit?

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Clay that thing and throw some sealant on there for protection.

Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career.  Have fun, I'm sure there are some defects on there that could use some polishing on your new car prep detail.

What is the lowers?  Is that a factory body kit?

Everything is Factory.  Front Splitter and Sides are Painted Carbon Fiber

2012grandsport,

Welcome to the Adam's forums!

Beautiful car, and yes black is a career and not a hobby, but nothing more spectacular than a clean, shiny black beauty.

For tips on products, and layering, check out the post I made titled "New to me 2007 Corvette" in the "Detailing Section"

lots of information and photos, although yours will require much less work, but the expected results should be the same! 

Oh sweetness!  Nice car!  And yes, black is a career!  lol!  Daily/weekly maintenance to keep it looking good all the time, but man, the deep wet look is awesome to look at!  Definitely clay it and bring some bright lights in to check for any defects.  Than correct, seal, glaze, wax and whatever else to keep that deep wet look.

Not too much different on the polishing part - same pads and products.  Get some good lights so you can see the imperfections indoors, before taking it out in the sun.

I would recommend picking up BG.  Apply this under or over your wax, it really makes the paint on dark cars pop! 

Beautiful ride, congrats!

As other said, at the minimum clay bar her, but I would do a light polish on her using a finishing polish with a white pad for the maximum shine (and to correct more dealer installed random swirls/scratches).  Americana or better yet Patriot wax will make the black car looks extra shine too!  :)