Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Trip To Adam's HQ!

Dan@Adams

Hey guys and gals!

I've had so many thoughts running through my head for the past week, and I've been super busy dealing with some exciting things, that I'm not even sure where to start, but here we go!

A little background on me real quick: I've been an Adam's Polishes fanatic since I made the switch to Adam's products when I bought my GTO new back in 2006, and I've never looked back. Made in the USA products mean a lot to me, and when you add ease of use and incredible results to that, well, I think that's just awesome!  I would say I've done full exterior and interior details on around 60 cars now in the last 2 1/2 years as an evening and weekend hobby to help out friends, local businesses, and even some customers that travel 90 minutes down from Pittsburgh. I know I don't have thousands of posts on here (yet!) like some of you do, but a lot of my friends and road rally buddies usually refer to me as something along the lines of "the Adam's guy" :lol:

I've been helping Dave out at some of the Carlisle Events for the past 2 years, as well as helping Adam and Ray at the Grabiak Chevrolet Detail Clinics. I had an absolutely amazing week helping out at Corvettes at Carlisle a couple weeks back, and towards the end of the show, Adam offered for me to come out to Colorado to see Headquarters, meet the team, and to help out at the Goodguys 18th Colorado Nationals. Seeing as I had a long weekend, a bazillion or so airline miles, and an opportunity to continue my passion of detailing cars and interacting with the car community, I said ABSOLUTELY! 

I cannot say thank you enough to Adam, Matt, Kent, Ben, Kourtney, Joe and every other member of the team for making me feel so welcome and giving me such an outstanding experience!

So now, I'll post up a sort-of photo journal of my weekend adventure to Colorado :)

Thursday, September 10, 2015, 0400...on the cold, wet rainy drive to PIT airport. I wasn't even phased by the weather and was so pumped up to get to the airport and catch my flight. I let out an evil laugh more than once as the rain was no match for HGG at 70mph on the highway...I had to get a quick shot of some 5am beading action.

20150910_053551_zpsvd49xdpl.jpg

Thursday, September 10, 2015, 1100...obligatory airplane travel shot. Oh Hi there Orlando! Quick connection flight and then non-stop to Denver.

20150910_085404_zpshxrr7ki6.jpg

The man himself, Adam, picked me up at the airport and we had to make a quick stop at Purifoy Chevrolet to transport a gorgeous 2016 Corvette Stingray over to Loveland for the Goodguys show.

20150910_133321_zpssooej337.jpg

20150910_133328_zpsw2wogwlj.jpg

Adam said that Ben would be meeting us at the dealership, so I had assumed that either Ben or one of the dealership employees would be transporting this dream ride, then after some paperwork, a gentleman hands me the keys! At this point I'm floating somewhere above cloud 9 and thinking to myself "...and I haven't even been in Colorado for an hour yet!"

I was smitten with this car after 2 or 3 miles on the road, even with it being the 8 speed auto...perfect color combo, perfect seating position, perfect handling and exhaust note with the bi-modal exhaust, perfect view of the aggressive fender arches through the windshield...perfect... The 35 or so miles to the show were truly a wonderful moment on beautiful roads that I won't forget.  This was really the only picture I snapped during the drive, before we got to those beautiful highways, but at least it shows the sweet HUD :thumbsup:

20150910_135721_zpspv92qxpa.jpg

Fully customizable gauge cluster, similar to my Buick/Opel Regal, just way more options and modes! Track mode is out of this world.

20150910_140714_zpskjnoykai.jpg

To be continued tomorrow with more of the adventure and a lot more pictures, but for right now I should probably get some rest!

On the way to Adam's HQ Friday morning with Matt, such spectacular views!

20150911_090459_zpsgutwmmiu.jpg

Matt gave me a tour of the whole facility - from the car wash bay to the bottling and fill stations to the product picking and shipping areas and then finally to the front entrance and office areas. The entire team was very friendly and welcoming, despite me briefly interrupting their busy and important duties on the floor. I sat in with Ben and helped field a few customer service calls, and had some great brainstorming sessions with Adam, Matt, and Ben too, about "getting Dan Tyger on our team!" I was ecstatic.

I'm going to refrain from posting any pictures of the facility for now, because it's super-duper-top-secret...just kidding...but I don't want to accidentally post up anything that I shouldn't ;)

Then Adam and I headed over to the show to meet up with the rest of the crew that had opened up the display a couple hours earlier. Adam spoke to our pals across the walkway at the PPG booth, and Sidney and I started a fun little metal polishing demonstration on their tricked out golf cart. 

All of the metal was oxidized and in need of a good shine. Yikes!

20150911_153922_zpsuhf3xmu4.jpg

20150911_153943_zpsxffycnx2.jpg

20150911_153950_zpsit7i4p1d.jpg

And after some quick work with MP #1 and MP #2, and some Tire Shine...looking much better:

20150911_161316_zps4udzxcih.jpg

20150911_161321_zpsirnxgjzd.jpg

The rails turned out much better than they were, but not totally perfect due to how pitted they were and time constraints of us still helping out customers too :) We then gave the vinyl seats a wipe down to remove some dirt stains, polished the steering column and the aluminum pedals, applied SVRT to all of the black plastic trim and floor, and Sid sprayed some IUC in the wheel wells to finish it off.

20150911_161427_zpsrrkahddl.jpg

After nearly every other vendor was gone for the day, Adam was still working with the Rupes LHR 15ES Bigfoot on what happens to be my favorite Corvette of all time, the '63 Split-Window! Dedication my friends :)

20150911_165004_zps0kqucwex.jpg

I couldn't get enough of the Purifoy Chevrolet 2016 Stingray either, such a stunning car too. :patriot:

20150911_180258_zpsvldgixtq.jpg

To be continued with Part 3, the conclusion of my awesome weekend!

Sounds like a great time!

The suspense of Part 3 is killing me, do we have to wait until tomorrow to hear the ending? 

In the meantime, could you please send me some employee photos to caption?  I ran out a while ago.  :jester:

You bet I can send some photos, I have a few good ones :2thumbs:

Friday night after the show, I joined some of the team for an informal working dinner. We covered a lot of interesting and exciting topics and ideas, and Adam informed everyone that he would like to bring me onto the team as East Coast help, focusing on a few exciting responsibilities. I tried to maintain my relaxed, somewhat mellow composure as best as I could throughout the dinner, but in my mind I was jumping up and down on the table, screaming with happiness!

Saturday at the show was much busier with a larger crowd, so I didn't get too many pictures.

Demonstrating MP #1 on the passenger side exhaust tips on the C7 Stingray for a customer. He was blown away how fast it removed the discoloration from the exhaust.

20150912_113152_zps7dit4goq.jpg

20150912_113201_zps4mebgvwr.jpg

One of my favorite rides I saw at the show...drool.

20150912_173142_zpswafzorj3.jpg

Another pretty lady that caught my eye!

20150912_173245_zpspzxplzqv.jpg

The show was great! We sold quite a few polisher kits and tons of other product, while meeting a lot of great people and helping a lot of customers with great questions. The new T-Shirt giveaway was a hit, and I think Taylor, a super friendly part-time model that was helping out at the umbrella cart, nearly ran out of all of the 4oz free samples of DS, TS, and TID that were allotted for the show!

On the way to dinner Saturday evening, beautiful sunset behind the mountains.

20150912_190542_zpsmczmczjh.jpg

On Sunday, the adventure had come to a close and I flew back home to Pennsylvania. I made a stop for some groceries on the way home from the airport, and was still amazed how clean the Regal G.S. looked even covered in a few hundred miles of bug guts and driving through the rain.

20150915_203203_zps5ekcmxeu.jpg

Earlier this week, I did the difficult task of giving my two weeks notice to my current employer. I have learned more than I could ever imagine in the last 13 years there. I thank them for an incredible ride all over the world and wish them nothing but the best, but I am more than excited to start this awesome new journey in life next month!

-Tyger

20150827_141437_zpsycfgubfb.jpg

Edited by Dan@Adams

• 2 weeks later...