Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rupes LHR21 Mark II

Junior

Question

18 answers to this question

It will be showcased at SEMA and released after that according to Dylan.  Pricing will not be available until then.  In the video he posted on FB, it said it is 30% faster and will be better on the curves and corners of a car. Maybe he will bring pictures to Saturday's event.  

So I wonder if the 15 will get the similar treatment and will the original 15 and 21 still be available? I wasnt planning on purchasing polishers until the spring, and was going to do a 15 and a Mini. Thought I was thinking a 21 and a Mini might make quick work of the wife's SUV and my Camry which has mostly flat and wide panels.

I think the 21 is their best sellers and thus it is getting the upgrade. I doubt they do anything with the mini and I did not get an answer on a question about the 15 getting the same treatment.  My guess there is that it will be in a year or so if at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdbHe86J7iU

I am also guessing there will be more info out after the Saturday event at Adam's. Unless they have sewn Dylan's lips shut until SEMA. 

I'm hoping it's priced fairly close to the Mark 1 and/or replaces the Mark 1 entirely at the same price point... mainly because I'd like to pick up a Mark 1 second hand at a reduced price. After watching Larry's video from the factory in Italy I have been drooling over the smoothness and efficiency of work compared with my lowly PC.

I am also guessing there will be more info out after the Saturday event at Adam's. Unless they have sewn Dylan's lips shut until SEMA. 

Just read a post on another detailing forum that mentioned "Bigfoot 15 Mark II and Bigfoot 21 Mark II" soooooo there's that. wonder what the price is going to do? 

We have some of the first production units in house here, for training and other purposes, but they won't be at the event Saturday. 

I'm sure Jason and I can answer some basic questions about the Mark II initiative, but the bulk of the specifics are under wraps until SEMA for our distribution network and will slowly trickle out from there. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. Should be a good time and the weather cleared up for us! 

And then there is the battery powered Nano.  Super small, but the picture I saw the head looked too tall.  Will have to see it also.  Maybe polish the inside of the glove box. Waiting for the team to post pictures.  Dylan has a few posted to his FB site. 

I saw the rupes for preorder also but waiting for adams to have it. Not sure to get the 21 or 15. Can the 5 inch backplate be run on the mark ll like the first 21 ?

Edited by lljimll

I know Adam has been discussing things, and we will certainly be offering some of the new Rupes machines! They should be available the same time that other vendors will be getting them. I will talk to Adam, Matt, and Ben to see if we will be offering preorders soon, and I will make sure to keep our forum members up to date as soon as I have more information!

We have some of the first production units in house here, for training and other purposes, but they won't be at the event Saturday. 

I'm sure Jason and I can answer some basic questions about the Mark II initiative, but the bulk of the specifics are under wraps until SEMA for our distribution network and will slowly trickle out from there. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday. Should be a good time and the weather cleared up for us!

3 posts? Must be a new guy!

;-)

Guest washemup

So I wonder if the 15 will get the similar treatment and will the original 15 and 21 still be available? I wasnt planning on purchasing polishers until the spring, and was going to do a 15 and a Mini. Thought I was thinking a 21 and a Mini might make quick work of the wife's SUV and my Camry which has mostly flat and wide panels.

This is the combo I use, the 21 and the Mini. The Mark II 21 looks that its going to be $425, and the Mark II 15 $399. If I was getting one of these again, I'd definitely wait and get the Mark II 21 for $25 more then the Mark I.

I'm hoping it's priced fairly close to the Mark 1 and/or replaces the Mark 1 entirely at the same price point... mainly because I'd like to pick up a Mark 1 second hand at a reduced price. After watching Larry's video from the factory in Italy I have been drooling over the smoothness and efficiency of work compared with my lowly PC.

I'd love to take you up on this, however only having had my Mark I for a few months now, I'm not ready to "give" it away just so I can get a Mark II. I used the GG 6" for many hours before finally getting the Rupes.

Faster, better correction, less vibration, and less operation stress on your body. Basically the difference between a Toyota and a Lexus, both will get the job done, but one will do it faster and more comfortably. It doesn't look like initially that the Mark I price is going to change.

This is the combo I use, the 21 and the Mini. The Mark II 21 looks that its going to be $425, and the Mark II 15 $399. If I was getting one of these again, I'd definitely wait and get the Mark II 21 for $25 more then the Mark I.

Do you find the 21 ever to be too big? Or because you have the Mini, you know wherever the 21 won't go, the mini will make short work of it which I suspect would just be edges of panels, etc... 

Guest washemup

Do you find the 21 ever to be too big? Or because you have the Mini, you know wherever the 21 won't go, the mini will make short work of it which I suspect would just be edges of panels, etc... 

Only for the smaller areas. The Mini gets everything the 21 can't.

I NEVER concentrate on polishing edges.

Edges have the thinnest paint on any vehicle, and shouldn't be worked specifically.

I do use the Rupes 5" backing plate on my 21 as well. It weighs almost identical to the 6" and works just fine. Kevin Brown has been doing it for years.

I recently did light polishing on my Camaro with this combo, I was happy with how it came out.

post-12794-0-14755300-1447032685_thumb.jpgpost-12794-0-98285600-1447032724_thumb.jpgpost-12794-0-51520000-1447032856_thumb.jpg