Customer Service 866.965.0400

Convertible top

PHILLIE PHANATIC

Question

11 answers to this question

Not sure if Adams has anything specific for a rag top. When I owned mine I used a different product on it that did a good job at keeping the water out. 

I would think that the typical interior cleaner should be ok but not sure what to put on for protection of fabric. 

Rich....you put shampoo on your top?  Holy cow......how long does it take you to rinse that out?  I never wash cloth tops with shampoo and/or a mitt.  Use the RaggTopp cleaner before treatment.  

- Darryl

Absolutely.  It's been protected and waterproofed with the Ragg Topp so it doesn't absorb the water.  And how else are you going to get bird dirt, etc. off of it without washing.  Doesn't hurt it, and doesn't take any longer to rinse than the rest of the car.  And when I dry the car, I dry the top.  Never had any issues at all.  No fading either. 

Absolutely. It's been protected and waterproofed with the Ragg Topp so it doesn't absorb the water. And how else are you going to get bird dirt, etc. off of it without washing. Doesn't hurt it, and doesn't take any longer to rinse than the rest of the car. And when I dry the car, I dry the top. Never had any issues at all. No fading either.

I wash mine also. Soap sprays right off.

The way I look at it is washing it is not much different then if it's raining out. I've just added soap. Then it drys fine with a drying towel and mines never been treated with Ragg Topp.

I'll be ordering some now.

Edited by FrozenWS6

And actually, General Motors recommends that you wash  your rag top when you wash your car.  

Jeff (FrozenWS6) when you order the Ragg Topp, order the kit rather than just one or the other. It's the better bargain and you can clean it good first, then protect it.  They recommend two or three applications  and let it dry a day or so between applications.  Good stuff.