Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze & Morning Dew

The Q

Question

This past Sunday I washed and applied Brilliant Glaze to my bright silver metallic Ram R/T. Really like the results. The truck almost looks wet. My problem is with morning dew on the truck. When the dew is light you can see the strokes / wipe pattern used while applying (used an Adam's micro fiber applicator) the Brilliant Glaze. I went over the truck with Adam's detail spray yesterday, but the same marks showed up this morning. Did I do something wrong when I applied the BG? The truck was freshly washed and dried. I applied the BG, let it haze and buffed it off with a double soft terry towel (I bought the BG kit w/towels). Once the dew is dry the truck looks awesome again.

Edited by The Q

5 answers to this question

Make sure you shake up the BG before and during use. If you still see the strokes I would try what I said and apply again......

Thanks for the reply. I shook the heck out of the Brilliant Glaze before and during application because I saw the separation from the product sitting. As shown in the video, i didn't use a bunch of product because I could see it haze on the surface shortly after application. The product appeared to haze very well with no noticeable streaking. Guess I'll try it again after the next wash and see how it turns out.

Do you have a hex grip applicator? I think those do a better job of laying down a thin even coat. I really think you are seeing high spots from too thick of an application.

I used the microfiber applicator. I think you're right on what I'm seeing. The marks left are similar to the pattern of the microfiber applicator. I'll try a hex grip applicator next time. I thought I did a good job of applying this stuff, but guess there is a slight learning curve here.