Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question on my step by step process

Firebuff17

Question

Hello all. New to Adams and the forum.

So I was recently bitten by the Adams detailing bug.

I have a 2014 RAM 1500 Crew Cab True Blue Pearlcoat in color that I bought back in January of 2014 with only 3 miles on the OD. I vowed I was going to be vigilant about keeping this truck in good shape. My old truck didn't get the attention it deserved and the clear coat was burning off and looked like it had skin cancer.

I am a member of the RAM forum and noticed all the positive feedback by users of Adams products. Adams is a preferred vendor of the site. So I started watching the Adams website and was learning all about their products. I was a bit over whelmed until a few months back I noticed they had a Daily driver kit. It looked like the perfect fit for my needs. I bought it and used it for several washes. Followed the video posted by Adam. All was good. I have only clayed the truck once. I wanted some good protection so I bought some Americana wax and did a full daily driver detail followed by a wax. Truck looks amazing. I was very happy with the products. I washed a few more times since and still in love.

I have since found out and read more about the liquid paint sealant. I want to use this because my truck is outside 100% and has very little (basically no) shade at home or at work. So I bought a kit that has sealant applicators and towels.

After that long back story; Here is my question.

I want to ask you guys if my order of applications are right.

APC tires and wheel wells

Shampoo truck

Clay while wet along with DS

Quick rinse

Dry with aid of DS

Sealant

H2OGG

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Firebuff17

9 answers to this question

Hello all. New to Adams and the forum.

So I was recently bitten by the Adams detailing bug.

I have a 2014 RAM 1500 Crew Cab True Blue Pearlcoat in color that I bought back in January of 2014 with only 3 miles on the OD. I vowed I was going to be vigilant about keeping this truck in good shape. My old truck didn't get the attention it deserved and the clear coat was burning off and looked like it had skin cancer.

I am a member of the RAM forum and noticed all the positive feedback by users of Adams products. Adams is a preferred vendor of the site. So I started watching the Adams website and was learning all about their products. I was a bit over whelmed until a few months back I noticed they had a Daily driver kit. It looked like the perfect fit for my needs. I bought it and used it for several washes. Followed the video posted by Adam. All was good. I have only clayed the truck once. I wanted some good protection so I bought some Americana wax and did a full daily driver detail followed by a wax. Truck looks amazing. I was very happy with the products. I washed a few more times since and still in love.

I have since found out and read more about the liquid paint sealant. I want to use this because my truck is outside 100% and has very little (basically no) shade at home or at work. So I bought a kit that has sealant applicators and towels.

After that long back story; Here is my question.

I want to ask you guys if my order of applications are right.

APC tires and wheel wells

Shampoo truck

Clay while wet along with DS

Quick rinse

Dry with aid of DS

Sealant

H2OGG

Thanks for your help.

Sounds good, and there's no need to wait overnight for your sealant to set up. You can buff it off with a double soft towel once it's dry. Comes off real easy.  I like to put a coat of Americana or Patriot on top of the sealant.  But it's up to you . The H20GG is hard to beat for shine. 

I'd add in a strip wax, I just pickup some meguiars royal purple and add in some original dawn dish soap. Then clay the truck and apply LPS. I've done this on three different vehicles now and it seems to be the ticket.

I would just add some APC to the car shampoo if striping wax. Dawn tends to be hard on plastic.

Thanks Chris!! Looks like I have a good plan. Thanks to everyone's thoughts and additions.

Side note: waiting on my mystery box to arrive on Tuesday. Depending on what I receive I will be ordering the glass sealant and cleaner kit. After that I believe that will fill my current needs.....lol. We shall see about that.

Thanks Chris!! Looks like I have a good plan. Thanks to everyone's thoughts and additions.

Side note: waiting on my mystery box to arrive on Tuesday. Depending on what I receive I will be ordering the glass sealant and cleaner kit. After that I believe that will fill my current needs.....lol. We shall see about that.

The Glass Cleaner and Glass Sealant are two of my more favorite products, they work perfect for me and don't always get the credit they deserve! Hooray for clean windows!