Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dryer questions

jeffh

Question

I'm looking at the talking the wife into getting me one for Christmas. I was thinking of the sidekick but went looking at the metrovac web site and found the air force blaster motorcycle dryer b3-cd I know Adam's doesn't sell it and I hope I didn't brake the law here. I'm wondering if anyone uses one and would this be a good alternative to buying the sidekick and than maybe the master blaster later on best bang for the buck kind of thing. 

Hey Jeff, the SideKick sure is a powerful little machine and it's great for things like body seams, headlights, tails, engine bay, and wheels. It would certainly be a good starter machine that you could keep or upgrade later on. 

I checked out that B3-CD and it's pretty sweet looking too!

Thanks guys the one I saw looks to be in between the sidekick and the master blaster with a 10' hose and was thinking two birds with one stone if it was big enough (powerful enough) to dry my whole truck. 

Edited by jeffh

I would personally never need the full $400 MB

I'm sure the 4 hp one would work great and is decently mobile, and the Sidekick is absolutely worth it in more ways than one.  You can pick up those 2 machines for less than 1 8 hp MB

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I know when I was kicking around the idea of getting my MB, I had a hard time chocking down the price.  I even contemplated like you buying a smaller machine.  I'm glad that I just bit the bullet and bought the 8 HP unit.  It was one of those things that I thought do I need it, or do I just want it.  I personally have been happy with the purchase and glad I didn't spend the money on the smaller unit and "wish" I had just bought the larger one.  

I know when I was kicking around the idea of getting my MB, I had a hard time chocking down the price.  I even contemplated like you buying a smaller machine.  I'm glad that I just bit the bullet and bought the 8 HP unit.  It was one of those things that I thought do I need it, or do I just want it.  I personally have been happy with the purchase and glad I didn't spend the money on the smaller unit and "wish" I had just bought the larger one.  

Yep, me too.  Owned the sidekick for years, which does a great job on door jambs, windows etc. but I always wanted an efficient tool to do the whole car (with no need for towel drying).  The 4 HP was never an option for me, as I would always wonder how much faster/efficiently I could dry the car with the extra power.  I'm loving the 8 HP MB, as I can get a full sized car and the tires completely dry in under 10 minutes.

The price is steep particularly for the revolution model (which I past on), so I certainly understand the hesitation.  If you have the coin it is a fantastic drying device that I highly recommend.

Me three. Had the Sidekick for a year, then got the MB Revo, wish I had got it sooner.  Way more drying power, and the 30-foot hose on the Revo is great, no dragging the unit around on the wheels. Hose is super light and easy to whip around.

I kept the Sidekick and use it for quick touch-ups in the garage, like when some more water pools in the trim under the mirror, or when I forget to get an area and then notice it after the truck is in the garage.

Jeff, you should not have any issues using it outdoors on the lawn, provided the extension cord is the proper gauge, and the electrical outlet the proper amperage.

The unit would sit flush, and the hose should be more than long enough to cover the complete area around the vehicle.

Jeff, you should not have any issues using it outdoors on the lawn, provided the extension cord is the proper gauge, and the electrical outlet the proper amperage.

The unit would sit flush, and the hose should be more than long enough to cover the complete area around the vehicle.

Thanks I was thinking about it sucking grass and dirt into it and shooting it all over lol

Ok guys what kind of issues will I run into with these bigger ones using them out in the lawn. I don't have a garage to hang one and my best shade spot is in the grass under a tree.

If you are going to have the unit on the grass, I would put it on a cart or something to keep it off the ground, so it does not suck up any grass clippings or leaves.

Would the 30 ft hose allow you to put it something other than the grass?

well if setting it on the ground in the grass is not going to be a good idea than it's not going to be a good fit ill just go with the sidekick

I would go with the bigger unit.  It will dry faster.  It has a handle, so you can carry it with one hand if you needed to, or just get a milk crate or something else to put it on.