Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather conditioner instead of interior detailer

Dwhite0960

Question

I have seen many of the folks here say they are using the leather conditioner in place of total interior detailer. I am curious do you have to clean the inside first then apply conditioner as more of a protectant or is the conditioner a one step process. Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

The conditioner has cleaning properties included. I would only do cleaner for obvious spots. If you stay on top of it with conditioner it'll probably stay clean enough for you. L&IC can and should be used diluted 1:1 first, before moving to full strength. I've always used it full strength.

I conditioned my leather about 2 months ago and give it a TID wipe down every time I detail our cars. The UV protection helps keep the conditioner from drying out I find.

I use the Leather Cleaner SPARINGLY so as not to dry stuff out.  And everything I use it on, I treat with Leather Conditioner afterwards. My routine is to only use it on leather and vinyl fabrics, like my seats, doors, steering wheel and dashboard.  Anything that's plastic I use the Interior Detailer on. Fortunately, I've found that the Leather Conditioner will also keep everything clean as well as protected. Good stuff!