Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlight Restoration :-) :-) :-)

PolandDogs

Question

Had some decent weather over the weekend still in WV and thought I would polish my headlights on my daily driver a 2004 Toyota Tacoma, they were starting to look pretty bad and I have never touched them before and I thought they ended up coming out great.

My attack method-

-Clay Bar'd with Detail Spray

-Drill with Microfiber Pad then Foam Pad with Paint Correcting Polish

-Drill with Microfiber Pad then Foam Pad with Paint Finishing Polish

-Quick Sealant

-Finished with Americana Wax

post-11713-0-91921800-1448899241_thumb.jpg

post-11713-0-68170500-1448899252_thumb.jpg

post-11713-0-70321300-1448899262_thumb.jpg

post-11713-0-36527500-1448899275_thumb.jpg

post-11713-0-63283000-1448899282_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

When Matt mentions using the drill and pads to polish the headlights, it should be safe to assume that he used the 4" drill backing plate, and 4" Orange Microfiber pads to start, and possibly the orange or even white foam pads to finish.

You can find the drill backing plate and 4" pads here on the Adam's site under the "accessories" tab, link below.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators.html

When Matt mentions using the drill and pads to polish the headlights, it should be safe to assume that he used the 4" drill backing plate, and 4" Orange Microfiber pads to start, and possibly the orange or even white foam pads to finish.

You can find the drill backing plate and 4" pads here on the Adam's site under the "accessories" tab, link below.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators.html

Yes, you are exactly right! :-)

You should be able to use the Rupes Mini no problem to polish headlights in a similar manner as using a drill with the 4" drill backing plate adapter. Just make sure to give some cool down time in between polishing to keep the pads and backing plate on the Mini cool and keep the machine moving around the headlight so as to not generate too much heat in one section of the lens.