Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to polished wheels

Lee

Question

Wanted to run a few questions by you guys. I'm waiting on my new

Wheels to get here and they are polished with no clear coat. I ordered metal polish 1&2, deep wheel cleaner and microfiber applicator pads.

What do you recommend to wipe off the polish without scratching the wheel?

It looks to me that the quick sealant everyone recommends has been discontinued, is the liquid paint sealer the next best thing to use as a sealant?

And any other tips would be appreciated.

14 answers to this question

I would also recommend to against using Deep Wheel Cleaner on the bare polished wheels. Since you already ordered it, you can use it on other wheels if you have any spare sets or another vehicle. There's a lot of great information in this CCW thread from a few days ago that is worth reading through when you have a few minutes:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/29579-brand-new-ccw-wheels/

I would also recommend to against using Deep Wheel Cleaner on the bare polished wheels. Since you already ordered it, you can use it on other wheels if you have any spare sets or another vehicle. There's a lot of great information in this CCW thread from a few days ago that is worth reading through when you have a few minutes:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/29579-brand-new-ccw-wheels/

Thanks for the heads up on the deep wheel cleaner, I'm gonna see if it's possible to call in and change that to some border less grey towels before it ships. I read both his topics on polishing, a lot of good info and his wheels are looking sharp!

...Get used to this kind of service from Adam's Lee, this is one of the biggest reasons all of use are customers/repeat customers around here...well that and the product line is pretty epic too! :2thumbs:

Very true. Just recently I contacted Adams about a problem I had with a Great White Drying Towel. Not an earth shattering issue, but the towel wasn't the typical Adams perfect. BAM! Dan solved the issue to my complete satisfaction and life goes on.

I've come to trust that Adams only sells what they truly believe is a worthy product. (Considering they seriously understand detailing, this in itself is reason to buy from them.) Their prices are competitive and their service is simply top notch. If I need something and Adams sells if, I look no further.

Thanks for the call Lee! Glad we were able to take care of things for you!

Thanks for being up front and letting me know the deep wheel cleaner wouldn't be in my best interest and letting me change my order before it went out. Dan kinda caught me off guard when I called up there, I was gonna ask for him but then he ended up answering the phone!

Edited by Lee