Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet Brush?

Erictski

Question

What is everyone using for a carpet brush?

Are you using the cockpit brush or perhaps another "Non Adams" brush.

Not sure if I want to be using the nicer cockpit brush to scrub dirty carpets or carpeted floor mats.

Thanks for any opinions.

13 answers to this question

I use a brush similar to the one below.  I usually scrub the carpet or floor mat with it before vacumming to loosen up the dirt.

low-profile-tire-brush-1.gif

I like the looks of that.  looks like it would be nice for both carpets and rubber floor mats.

It can also be used for tires.  

I have a SM Arnold model 85-634 = http://www.amazon.com/S-M-Arnold-SM-85-634/dp/B002J7VVMS/ref=sr_1_1?srs=3040666011&ie=UTF8&qid=1449791533&sr=8-1&keywords=85-634

If you are a Cyclo owner these are nice brushes!    http://adamspolishes.com/shop/interior/adam-s-cyclo-carpet-brush.html

Or this Cockpits brush is a great choice........ http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/adam-s-cockpit-brush.html

have a cockpit brush but was looking for other options to keep the cockpit brush in good shape for seats and dash cleaning.

I do like the cockpit brush and paired with the CUC it worked awesome on my 10 year old daily driver seats.

I used the cockpit brush to clean all the gaps on my exterior of my daily driver (2013 Durango) where all the body seams are. seems like there is a ton of seams on this thing and I have neglected the paint over the years and am just now leaning to to correct the neglect. there were hard water build up and dried gook I could not get out with a regular wash pad or a microfiber, I used the APC and the cockpit brush to tackle this job and it worked very well. Now I will wash it, clay it, and seal it,and glaze it. Would anyone see a reason not to use this brush for that or is there a better method to removing built up crud from the seams? This won't be a regular method just when there is a lot of built up junk. I imagine that once there is sealer and and glaze/ detail spray is coating all the parts and regular cleaning practices are done i won't have these issues anymore. Thanks for your time and helping a newbie

I used the cockpit brush to clean all the gaps on my exterior of my daily driver (2013 Durango) where all the body seams are. seems like there is a ton of seams on this thing and I have neglected the paint over the years and am just now leaning to to correct the neglect. there were hard water build up and dried gook I could not get out with a regular wash pad or a microfiber, I used the APC and the cockpit brush to tackle this job and it worked very well. Now I will wash it, clay it, and seal it,and glaze it. Would anyone see a reason not to use this brush for that or is there a better method to removing built up crud from the seams? This won't be a regular method just when there is a lot of built up junk. I imagine that once there is sealer and and glaze/ detail spray is coating all the parts and regular cleaning practices are done i won't have these issues anymore. Thanks for your time and helping a newbie

I use a dedicated Trim & Lug Nut Brush for cleaning out gaps, cracks, door handles and vents on the body.

I think you will find it will work better getting into the tight spaces than the Cockpit Brush.

I could see the lug brush being a great tool for that. Getting into the badging letters was not an easy chore with the cockpit brush just to big to get in the centers of th lettering. The cockpit brush did work great on long seams and gaps where a lug brush may take extra time and effort. So it's believed that a lug brush would be paint work safe how about the cockpit brush. I'll try the cd test with it tonight and see if it scratches it