Customer Service 866.965.0400

One reason I do NOT have an iPhone

mc2hill

My HTC One M9 phone came with a 64gb mini-SD card.  I recently purchased a 64 MB card from Amazon for $20 and today swapped them out.  Old card is on the left, and new card is on the right.

My wife, who has an iPhone 5c, takes a lot of pictures, and is constantly running out of space and moving data to the cloud.  The lack of an SD card or USB port will probably keep me away from Apple phones forever.

I now have 95+MB of storage on my phone(ok, probably more like 90 MB useable), and could get a bigger SD card if the need arises.

IMAG0158_Fotor_zpsqvh6mzhr.jpg

I like my iPhone.  My wife has always had and Android and it was always giving her issues as it aged.  I talked her into an iPhone and she loves it.  She and I both take a fair amount of pictures and still have a ton of space on our phones.  The guy at Verizon also told us that he  doesn't see any first generation Android phones anymore, but he does still see some first generation iPhones.

I like my iPhone.  My wife has always had and Android and it was always giving her issues as it aged.  I talked her into an iPhone and she loves it.  She and I both take a fair amount of pictures and still have a ton of space on our phones.  The guy at Verizon also told us that he  doesn't see any first generation Android phones anymore, but he does still see some first generation iPhones.

I will agree that I had an android first gen for a couple years and it ended up having its issues. Not to say the others dont as well, but I had more with the android. 

As to the pics, whats your picture quality on? That can play a HUGE part in storage space. 

A way around filling up the storage with pictures or photos on an IPhone is to periodically download them from the phone to a PC.

Works using either a MAC or Microsoft based system, and in my opinion better than storing "on a cloud."

I will agree that an SD card for storage makes it convenient, but there always seems to be "pros and cons" to any phone.

I will agree that I had an android first gen for a couple years and it ended up having its issues. Not to say the others dont as well, but I had more with the android. 

As to the pics, whats your picture quality on? That can play a HUGE part in storage space. 

I know other phones out there have better image quality, but for a phone I find the camera sufficient.  If I'm going to take pictures somewhere, I will usually have a my DSLR with me.  My kid has a Samsung S6 and was bragging about how his phone was so much better than my wife and I iPhones when he got it.  Wife told me the other day that he confessed to her that he maybe should have considered the iPhone.  

Edited by LFairbanks

First smart phone I got was an iPhone, it lasted 2 months before the screen cracked with a case on it. 4 years later I'm on my second droid and its been great so far. A couple of my friends have iPhones and think they are great. Everyone is different, I don't really think that one is greater than the other depending on its use.

How do you like that M9? I have an M7 and it's the only phone I've ever still been happy with after more than 2 years. But every now and then I still think about upgrading.

I like the M9.  It is my first smart phone, so I only have my wife's iPhone to compare it to.  I spoke to a couple of android user's at work and one had the M7.  I choose the M9 over the Samsung.  

My wife was the first one of our family to upgrade to a smart phone, and they recommended the iPhone, and it was probably the best choice for her.  My son has a Macbook Pro, and choose an iPhone 6 when he upgraded.  I don't have any other Apple devices, and I am a programmer, so slightly less user-friendly android was fine for me.  

My problem with Apple is they kind of 'coddle' you, and do lots of thinking for you, which makes their phones a little easier to use.  But then you are down the path with all their products, and if they decide to make a change you don't like, you are stuck with it. Which kind of goes back to the removable device storage....why can't Apple allow you to have that?  Because they want you to use their cloud.

My IT guy at work hates apple and was all about droid until Microsoft came out with their phones. Now he hates apple and droids he's a Microsoft fan boy but he walked into work with the new apple 6s Friday because he needed apps he could only get from apple lol. He's only using the 6s for the apps and wifi hot spot  

iPhones are more secure. Apple won't give up any encryption information to anyone not even Government agencies. Meanwhile Androids can get viruses and malware and steal your info straight from your phone. 

I think I know which I'd pick!

Also many Android phones (the ones with all the same features and good quality) are the same price as the iPhone. Android screens also crack just as easy and iPhone screens, just depends how they drop and hit.

iPhones are more secure. Apple won't give up any encryption information to anyone not even Government agencies. Meanwhile Androids can get viruses and malware and steal your info straight from your phone. 

I think I know which I'd pick!

Also many Android phones (the ones with all the same features and good quality) are the same price as the iPhone. Android screens also crack just as easy and iPhone screens, just depends how they drop and hit.

Not to sound like a fanboy here, but your leaving out some other phones in that comparison that are great phones, the Blaq phone while overpriced is very unsuceptable to those problems. 

Then you also have Blackberry which has been a premier phone company in the world for security. 

For anyone running out of space on your phone or tablet:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Wireless-Smartphones-Computers-SDWS4-064G-G46/dp/B00ZCFYF2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449954155&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+connect

Works with android and iOS. Beauty of this one is you can connect multiple devices to it at the same time and stream wirelessly at the same time (like two kids wanting to watch different movies) while managing only 1 device. Move photos and videos off and on the phone in no time.

I have the first generation one and it works great.

Edit: I don't think it works for flip phones :lolsmack:

Edited by Tim

For those who mentioned having early Android phones, I would agree that they sucked. I started with an HTC Droid Eris and it was awful. I also had a Droid Incredible and it was better, but I still went with an iPhone after that. However I got tired of the iPhone and went to the HTC One M7. I've had no regrets and as I said earlier, it's the only phone I've ever had for 2 years and still been pretty happy with it. Performance is still pretty good most of the time.

Not to sound like a fanboy here, but your leaving out some other phones in that comparison that are great phones, the Blaq phone while overpriced is very unsuceptable to those problems. 

Then you also have Blackberry which has been a premier phone company in the world for security. 

Yes they are a premier phone company in the world for security.

This is why I love my BlackBerry, all the onboard storage and easily removable cards.

Jim, At least I am not the only one who thinks that.  I am still using the first BlackBerry I got in 2010.  

Rich still has one of these in his car too.  :lolsmack:

attachicon.gifimages-1.jpeg

Not quite.  I'm up on a lot of the new technology, but I've seen too many smart people become idiots with their phones. Go out to eat, and everyone around us is texting or playing games or on Facebook.  Nobody talks face to face anymore. Even driving.  I can't count the number of times I've come close to being nailed because some jerk is on their phone.  Not even one bit interested in having one.  I don't need to be connected 24 hours a day.  I can still escape from it.  And I like it better.

Not quite.  I'm up on a lot of the new technology, but I've seen too many smart people become idiots with their phones. Go out to eat, and everyone around us is texting or playing games or on Facebook.  Nobody talks face to face anymore. Even driving.  I can't count the number of times I've come close to being nailed because some jerk is on their phone.  Not even one bit interested in having one.  I don't need to be connected 24 hours a day.  I can still escape from it.  And I like it better.

I don't have a game whatsoever on my phone.  And I'm not on Facebook.  And will only text a reply if someone sends me one for some odd reason while out.  Other than that it is handy to check email, instead of waiting to get home and have a problem that may have been solved in a day.  I do however find it easier for me to text while walking back and forth from a stop instead of taking 5 minutes out of my day to stop and talk.  My wife is like you when it comes to texting, she hates it.  The biggest issue is figuring out if someone is upset or not.  

When it comes to talking and driving, I think people are just dumb anyhow.  They focus on their conversation instead of what they are doing.  I talk regularly on the phone on my way home, and will stop talking when I need to focus on what is going on around me.  And the person on the other end always asks if I'm still there.  I just think most people are poor drivers to begin with and don't look any further than what is directly in front of them.  Instead of several car lengths ahead.   

I cant agree with you more! It is so annoying to go out with people anywhere and then end up just sitting there while they are all on Facebook. I refuse to this day to sign up for facebook so unfortunately im usually the one person who doesnt know whats going on but whatever. 

I do have games on my phone but kinda need them when im stuck on long conference calls and need something to do. 

I enjoy my iPhone, but i did opt for the 128GB model.  I use it mostly for work.  I've had both, like both, i tend to like the apple app store a little more than google play.  However, having removable memory would be nice. Maybe someday. :-)