Customer Service 866.965.0400

Funny Story

Havemeat1

So I got out of school early today due to finals. It's really nice here so I decided lets detail the Accord. So I washed it waxed it all that. I also dressed the tires with Tire Shine. So I started at 2:00 or so and ended at 4-5. Well my dad isn't going to be home for another hour so I decided I may as well clean the motorcycle with Detail Spray. So I use the Pumpkin Spice Detail Spray on the Accord. So I grab the bottle and spray on the towel and I wonder why does this smell like tire shine. But I just go on because I thought maybe because it was next to the towel I used to wipe excess off of my rims. So I clean the motorcycle and put the bottle back on my shelf. And I look at it and I'm like dang I still have a lot of this left. Then I look left and what I saw instantly made me realize what had happened. I saw Pumpkin Spice Detail Spray. So I turn the bottle around and it says Tire Shine. So I learned that Tire Shine does not make chrome pop as much as Detail Spray. I just went over the motorcycle again with Detail Spray. I feel like my color blindness has once again made me a fool.

Ill admit, that made me chuckle, but being color blind has nothing to do with it. 

I used to measure how good I did by how fast I did it. I have learned that is not the case in detailing for pleasure. Take your time, youll be happy you did. 

PS The scent should have given it away, or read the bottle. 

I think we've all been there before at one point. A few months back, I was rushing myself and went to grab my bottle of Detail Spray to prime a polishing pad on my Flex. Not looking, I reached behind my back, grabbed the bottle, and gave one quick trigger pull on the sprayer...instantly smelling Deep Wheel Cleaner go onto my nice polishing pad and belting out a classic Darth Vader "Nooooooooo!" :lol:

That pad went into the wash pile, I grabbed another clean one, and I learned from my mistake...always look at and read the bottle first!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we've all done that. I'd be all for it if Adam's decided to put a label around the neck of each bottle.  But until then, take a piece of masking tape and write the product name on the necks for easy reference.