Customer Service 866.965.0400

blueing on white seats

hotrodeddy

Question

7 answers to this question

I have a new car with light color interior. My problem is bluing being transfered from blue jeans to my seats, what products to use to remove and to protect my seats.

While Total Interior Detailer has some cleaners in it, I would initially start with some Leather & Interior Cleaner sprayed into a edgeless gray microfiber.

If that doesn't get it (and I'll be shocked if it doesn't) then you could spray lightly directly onto the seat and with the dry side of the towel see if that doesn't get it. Like Adam demonstrates in the video, if push comes to shove, you can spray onto the seat and use the cockpit brush.

I've never NOT gotten some light transfer from blue jeans with the first step.

Once you've gotten it clean and the seats been wiped dry, follow up with some Leather Conditioner on a red interior applicator pad. 

You can stay on top of it with some leather conditioner regularly, since it also has some additional cleaners in it. I however, opt to use Total Interior Detailer since it offers UV protection like Leather Conditioner, and I don't find it strips the conditioner off of the seat. I'm on track right now to do a good clean and condition of my leather and interior surfaces about once a quarter. 

While Total Interior Detailer has some cleaners in it, I would initially start with some Leather & Interior Cleaner sprayed into a edgeless gray microfiber.

If that doesn't get it (and I'll be shocked if it doesn't) then you could spray lightly directly onto the seat and with the dry side of the towel see if that doesn't get it. Like Adam demonstrates in the video, if push comes to shove, you can spray onto the seat and use the cockpit brush.

I've never NOT gotten some light transfer from blue jeans with the first step.

Once you've gotten it clean and the seats been wiped dry, follow up with some Leather Conditioner on a red interior applicator pad. 

You can stay on top of it with some leather conditioner regularly, since it also has some additional cleaners in it. I however, opt to use Total Interior Detailer since it offers UV protection like Leather Conditioner, and I don't find it strips the conditioner off of the seat. I'm on track right now to do a good clean and condition of my leather and interior surfaces about once a quarter. 

What John said exactly... I take it you do have leather seats?

Edited by BluedogGMC

Absolutely follow up with conditioner.  It's a must.  You might want to try a towel or something to sit on if your jeans are fading into your seats.  Corvette owners can get a terry cloth "towel" with an elastic band that goes around the headreast to keep the towel from sliding down. It's great protecting seats...........but it's ugly as heck.  I've never used one, but you might consider something similar for future use. 

Thanks for the info, I have the leather conditioner and cleaner at home (Mi) that I use on my "special" cars . This a new car (wifes) we purchased just before we left and yes it has light almond leather. I noticed when we got to Florida the seats were blue stained. I love all Adam's products and tools.