Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing/Detailing procedure questions

RoamPT

Question

Hey guys, I'm new around here! I have a 2015 Dodge Charger R/T in Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl and I'm fetting into Adams products to get the beat out of this color, make it shine and looks awesome! Im getting my Adams products tomorrow from a dealer 40min away from me. Anyway after my fair amount of research on these awesome forums i think i got it right, so correct me if I'm wrong please!

1- Two bucket method car wash with wash mitt

2- Spray detailer and clay the whole car(headlights, trims, plastics too?), and whipe it down with a super soft microfiber towel

3- Revive polisher with blue foam pad(only paint? Or can i apply it on the headlights, tailights, trim and etc? Also i have tinted vinyl on my tailights) whipe it with a super soft microfiber towel again

4- Apply paint sealant with microfiber pads, whipe it again with the soft microfiber towel

5- Apply brilliant glaze(with microfiber pads?)

6- Apply liquid wax(again, with microfiber pads?)

Thanks guys, I'm very excited to use the Adams products!

Edited by RoamPT

12 answers to this question

Hey guys, I'm new around here! I have a 2015 Dodge Charger R/T in Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl and I'm fetting into Adams products to get the beat out of this color, make it shine and looks awesome! Im getting my Adams products tomorrow from a dealer 40min away from me. Anyway after my fair amount of research on these awesome forums i think i got it right, so correct me if I'm wrong please!

1- Two bucket method car wash with wash mitt

2- Spray detailer and clay the whole car(headlights, trims, plastics too?), and whipe it down with a super soft microfiber towel

3- Revive polisher with blue foam pad(only paint? Or can i apply it on the headlights, tailights, trim and etc? Also i have tinted vinyl on my tailights) whipe it with a super soft microfiber towel again

4- Apply paint sealant with microfiber pads, whipe it again with the soft microfiber towel

5- Apply brilliant glaze(with microfiber pads?)

6- Apply liquid wax(again, with microfiber pads?)

Thanks guys, I'm very excited to use the Adams products!

Only clay any painted plastic panels......

You can Revive your headlights but be careful with the tinted tails and you can apply Revive to any painted plastic panels.

I personally would apply the BG first then apply your PS...

There will be folks that will disagree but it always worked for me and didn't seem to effect the longevity of the PS.

Overall you have a pretty good plan!

Great color choice for the Charger!

I agree with what Chris said. Only use the Revive on PAINTED plastic. With the car being a 2015 I do not think you have to worry about doing the headlights. I use foam applicators (hand/machine) for sealant, glaze, and wax.

Edited by Thorsager

Guys thank you so much, I'll avoid the headlights and tailights. I'll use masking tape or something to avoid touching my headlights and tailights then. Thorsager i see on your signature that you have Challenger Hellcat in the same color, truly jealous, thats one hell of a car. I'll update this thread with my results and other questions. Another question actually, since you use the foam pads to apply the PS, glaze and wax, do you use the colored foam pads? Or the color doesnt matter?

Edited by RoamPT

We designed our Hex Grip Applicators to be color-coded to the product, since they each have a differrent softness level to the foam. The Yellow Hex Grip is designed to be used with our Buttery Wax, Red Hex is made for Brilliant Glaze, Americana, and Patriot Wax, and the Blue Hex Grip has a little more firm foam to be used for polishing with our Revive Hand Polish. You could also use our Black Microfiber Applicator Blocks for things like Buttery Wax, Liquid Paint Sealant, and Brilliant Glaze, but I would recommend that you only use one product per applicator so that they work as intended and as effectively as possible. We offer the different color Hex Grips so that it's easy to remember which applicator you used with each product :)

I would avoid claying the vinyl covered tail lights, but if the glass on the headlights appears foggy or bug splattered, you can clay them no problem, as well as the windshield and side windows; however, if you are going to polish or wax areas like headlights, make sure you treat any plastic areas around them with Super VRT first, or alternatively, tape off those textured plastic areas. Always clean and protect your exterior rubber and plastic trim before using any wax or sealant. Clean it with APC and then treat it with SVRT. You have better things to do than scrub stubborn wax residue off of dry or oxidized trim!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!!

We designed our Hex Grip Applicators to be color-coded to the product, since they each have a differrent softness level to the foam. The Yellow Hex Grip is designed to be used with our Buttery Wax, Red Hex is made for Brilliant Glaze, Americana, and Patriot Wax, and the Blue Hex Grip has a little more firm foam to be used for polishing with our Revive Hand Polish. You could also use our Black Microfiber Applicator Blocks for things like Buttery Wax, Liquid Paint Sealant, and Brilliant Glaze, but I would recommend that you only use one product per applicator so that they work as intended and as effectively as possible. We offer the different color Hex Grips so that it's easy to remember which applicator you used with each product :)

I would avoid claying the vinyl covered tail lights, but if the glass on the headlights appears foggy or bug splattered, you can clay them no problem, as well as the windshield and side windows; however, if you are going to polish or wax areas like headlights, make sure you treat any plastic areas around them with Super VRT first, or alternatively, tape off those textured plastic areas. Always clean and protect your exterior rubber and plastic trim before using any wax or sealant. Clean it with APC and then treat it with SVRT. You have better things to do than scrub stubborn wax residue off of dry or oxidized trim!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!!

Thank you Dan that was very informative and helpful. Btw i got some stuff to start with from Detail Fanatics, which is a Adams product dealer close to me.

20160203_112255.jpg

Edited by RoamPT

Sorry for double post, but i was wondering its safe to use the brilliant glaze on plastic, trim and exterior rubber. Because my rear bumper lower trim(around the exhaust tips) is just plastic and its like matte black. Not safe to polish and clay right? Thanks guys again!

The only product you want to get on the exterior trim is the SVRT, you don't want to clay, polish, glaze or wax any of the plastic exterior trim. Unless it is painted trim, anything painted the same color as your vehicle is ok to treat just like the painted surfaces as they are well.... painted surfaces :)

Edited by Bill-V8V

The only product you want to get on the exterior trim is the SVRT, you don't want to clay, polish, glaze or wax any of the plastic exterior trim. Unless it is painted trim, anything painted the same color as your vehicle is ok to treat just like the painted surfaces as they are well.... painted surfaces :)

Fair enough, just put in my basket now. Trying to resist and not buy more stuff lol this 15% is very tempting to buy more and more! Too bad i still have lots of my Meguiars car shampoo and wax... Or i would buy the Adamns ones too!

Oh well ended up getting:

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner-16 oz

Adam's 10" Car Wash Pad

Adam's NEW Car Wash Shampoo-16 oz

Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing-16 oz

Adam's Super Block Dressing Applicator-APP-BLOCK

I'm done lol ended up getting more... no more % off Adams please.

Edited by RoamPT

Looks like you have everything you need to get started   :2thumbs:

I did thanks and actually ended up re ordering because they were offering free shipping on orders over $75 so i added a Adams red hex grip applicator and enjoy the free shipping! Oh man Im addicted...

Thank you! While Im waiting for my package from Adams to arrive(hopefully today), I went to my supplier in the area, and clearly i will be visiting him often. I got some Pumpkin spice detail spray and deep wheel cleaner to remove the iron on my paint. I think im set. I just need the polisher now, i was thinking of getting the cyclo and some polishing product!

Edited by RoamPT