Customer Service 866.965.0400

Prayer Saturday, February 6 (Mining)

DieselDude

I received this in an email at the office today (see below).  Many do not realize how many people this has effected, also communities.  Just to name a few companies (Alpha Natural Resources, Arch Coal, Cliffs Natural Resources, Consol Energy, James River, Rosebud Mining, Walter Energy, and many more). 

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this email.  One of the men here at my Coal Mine has approached me with an idea from his wife to set up a prayer time for coal.  She went on to draft me to take charge of this vision.  I think this is an outstanding Idea.  The Bible says “  If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked way, then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”  KJV II Chronicles 7:14.  We know and must believe that prayer works and prayer changes things beyond our control.   We are asking everyone who reads this and believes this to please stop what you are doing at 10:00 AM on Saturday February 6, 2016 and pray for the Coal Industry.  We are living in difficult times but it is times like this that God can use to show the world that he is still in control.  Please join us in this and please feel free to pass this on to as many people as you can by email, Facebook, by word of mouth or any means you have to spread the word and share in our vision.  Again I thank you for reading and sharing this. 

Everett, THANK You for posting this......I am and have been a coal miner for the last 35 years and I have seen the decline in coal and all the attacks on coal especially here in the last couple years.

I Pray for coal & coal jobs daily and I will remember to join in with all my brothers and sisters on February 6th. Again Thanks for posting!!

I live in small town PA where steel and coal provided a living wage for generations.  Now, both are gone from the area.  I don't know what the answer to the problem is other than American's themselves taking this nation back from the huge conglomerates.   But prayer sure is a powerful weapon.  My wife and I will both join you in prayer on Saturday.  We need God back in people's lives now more than ever. 

Rich

The steelworkers that I spent my career with are of that same breed.  We walked out on strike with the miners in the early 70's.  The brotherhood has diminished, but until you've gone down inside a mine and swallowed your bile when you thought about what MIGHT happen,  or until you've felt the heat from a blast furnace or layed on your back welding  under a 10 ton railroad car, then you'll never understand what these men and women give of themselves every day. 

To all miners...........thank you. You deserve respect.