Customer Service 866.965.0400

Snap-On or Mac tool guy connections

USCGRetiredJosh

Anyone have any connections with a Snapon on man or Mac Tool guy? I need a new toolbox for work and looking for a deal? Looking for someone in the DE, PA, or NJ area, I live 45 minutes west of Philly. My local Snapon guy has a toolbox he will sale me for 5500 but I don't want to pay his high prices. Just looking for a deal.

I know some people will say there boxes are to expensive but I make a living working on airplanes and I need a bigger box. 

Thanks

Josh

Can't really help in the aspect of a local dealer, but I will say you should go with a Snapon over a Mac. My experience with Mac boxes is the drawer bearings are junk and stick regularly. I currently own two Snapon boxes and three carts and have no issues from any of them, just my thought. If you were in Cincinnati area I could get you some great deals.

My snapon and Mac guy don't care, I asked about a military discount. I tried every angle I could, I just trying to be a cheap a$$ on buying a new tool box. I found some tool boxes on strictlytoolboxes.com but I like that fact that and warranty issues that they do show up to my work place.

I don't think your being a cheap a..  .  Your just trying to find the best deal.  I know those tool boxes are pricey.  The last one my father in law bought cost him 15K.  And he has three of them, full of tools.  My joke was when he retired they wouldn't have any tools.  I have had Mac and Snap On dealers on my route from time to time.  The move or die, and I currently have zero.  It was always nice to find that tool that you can't get anywhere but a tool truck.  At times I catch them when they visit the shop at work.  

Maybe ask them (tool dealer) if there is someone on their route that is looking to upgrade and maybe they are thinking about selling their current box. From what I have read online that $5500 tool box cost the Snap On dealer $3700.  33% markup and I have read it in more than one place.

Maybe check with the guys at the Military Bases around you if they are getting discounts.  And if so maybe look at purchasing thru them.  It looks as though the discounts are offered at the discretion of the tool dealer from what I'm seeing.  Maybe call the number in the link below and see what they have to offer. 

https://www1.snapon.com/Industrial/Government_Military.nws

https://www1.snapon.com/industrial/ContactUs.nws

Edited by LFairbanks

If you do ever find a dealer, ask about trade in boxes or repossessed boxes. I know several guys that have ended up with like new boxes because people order a nice box and either leave the industry or default on the loan.

Something just don't seem right by needing a loan for a tool box. But maybe I don't understand that business. (Mechanics or Tool Trucks)

Something just don't seem right by needing a loan for a tool box. But maybe I don't understand that business. (Mechanics or Tool Trucks)

For mechanics, tools are how they make their living. And good quality tools are the best investment (just like good quality detail products, right?)

But the tool trucks know exactly what they are doing. Show up every week with a truck full of shiny new tools and allow people to make low weekly payments. It especially works well on younger mechanics who go from hourly to flat rate and all of a sudden are making a lot more money than they ever have before. It's very easy for them to overextend themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Best and cheapest way to get a deal on a brand new SnapOn tool box directly from them is to wait for the yearly Rock and Roll Cab Express truck.

It is special truck that only sells tool boxes that SnapOn sends out  to every franchises area once a year that follows the local dealer to all of their stops, They are able to take orders and sell the boxes for a lower price than what the local dealer can due to corporate and the district rep being involved with the selling, Along with included free add-ons with the purchases and ect..

That is when my fiance usually buys his boxes but you have to be in touch with the local guy to know when it is coming to your area..

• 7 months later...