Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam gun quick connect??

rrmccabe

Question

Just used my foam gun for the first time. Worked great for adding a nice sudsy layer. Better than anything I had ever seen.

When I got it the quick connect was not threaded down tight and the container would flop around more than I liked. So I tightened it down by hand pretty tight and hosed down the truck and then attempted to snap on the foam attachment. But it would not go on as the coupler would not click to lock it. Loosened up the quick connect and it popped on fine. Tightened it down and no go.

I have not tore into it yet but figured I would run it by the forum and see if anyone has had a similar issue.

10 answers to this question

Thanks Dan.

After posting that I went out and messed with it a little.  Its not really an ideal setup in my opinion. Appears Adam's has to use two different washers in there to space it correctly and you have to be careful how much you tighten it.

Its probably going to get "re-engineered" to fit my needs. Does a super nice job making foam. I just dont like the gun swiveling around. Not a big deal and I am sure I can come up with a fix. I will use it a few times and see what I think. Might just need an "operator adjustment" ;)

Rich

Well today did the wife's car. I would say the foam gun is fine. Just need to be careful to not tighten the coupler on to the nozzle too tight.

So with a little "operator adjustment" I am totally satisfied  with it.

I need to put less in though as I think the container size is enough to do two of my vehicles.