Customer Service 866.965.0400

Marks on plastic doors

iono11200

Question

9 answers to this question

If your talking about the scuff marks, like posted above I would use some all purpose cleaner and a soft brush. I have black textured plastic door panels in my 13' sierra and always have those. Always a pain to remove.

Have only had the truck for 14 days. Have not put anything in the cup holders yet. The scuff marks or what I believe to be scuff marks were there the day I picked the truck up. So far I have ONLY wiped down the interior with a damp cloth, but that has done nothing. I can hardly believe that Toyota will allow a $39,000 truck to leave the factory like that.

That's Toyota plastic for you. Scuffs easily.

The non Adams product mentioned above is not what you want as it is solely a dressing. Try diluted apc with a soft brush. But most likely it's there to stay as the plastic is scuffed.

Apply some leather conditioner on the panel after cleaning to see if it hides the scuffs.

The scuffs will wash off unless the plastic has been scratched, if it has been scratched the only thing to do is hide it with a protectant like Adam's Leather Conditioner, or Total Interior Detailer.

The Marks in the cup holder, from the picture, appear, to me, to be where the thin layer of plastic was adhered to the door panel. If that is the case it won't wash off and continued scrubbing will only damage the plastic making it look worse. The best you will be able to do, is again, hide it with Leather Conditioner or Total Interior Detailer.

Take the truck back to the dealer and let them look at it if you just purchased the vehicle.

Just looks like marks from manufacturing, as already mentioned diluted APC and a soft brush then a little dressing. But if you have the Total Interior Detailer try that first, you would cover both steps in one process.