Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is the proper procedure?

mxkx250

Question

Hi, I have about all the products but don't know the proper steps in applying them. Say I started with a stripped car, then clayed it. Do I use the paint correction polish, fine machine polish, MSS, brilliant glaze, then  Americana? This is on a clear coated car. 

Also, I have a 1967 Camaro with the black base coat paint. Is there anything special that I should be doing?

post-10008-0-79936500-1458335612.jpg

post-10008-0-49627700-1458335694_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

I wasn't aware of the wait time. Kind of like years ago when I was using Zaino. Had to wait between coats if you weren't using the hardner.

Might have been the main reason why it was replaced with Liq Paint Sealant..

Brilliant Glaze UNDER Liquid Paint Sealant? Awesome idea. Going to try that for sure!

Yes, Chris does this too. Seems to give it a longer than expected lifetime. Also, because the brilliant glaze has filling properties, it allows the Liquid Paint Sealant to provide an even better shine. Definitely give it a shot!

Over or under the sealant the BG lifespan is the same. Apply it whenever you would like in your last step process.

Applying sealant over Patriot Wax will not make it last for 6 months as an example. You'll be left with a ton of shine from the sealant after, same with BG under.

A positive about applying BG under the sealant is that there is a light solvent cleaning agent in there so it is cleaning up the paint a bit before application of sealant, in case you had any remaining polish or clay residue on the surface.

Edit: Chris beat me to it explaining that it cleans any residues off the surface prior to sealant application. Brilliant Glaze is also great for cleaning and shining glass.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I also apply BG over PF or PC polish residue and wipe both off at the same time, the residue wipes off way easier that way.

Over the polish residue? Sweet. That's going to save a ton of work for sure. So after clay, I'm going to use Revive hand polish. So leave the residue and apply Brilliant Glaze over that then wipe everything off. Liquid Paint Sealant to follow all that.

Sorry for the hijack... Really good info here.

Over the polish residue? Sweet. That's going to save a ton of work for sure. So after clay, I'm going to use Revive hand polish. So leave the residue and apply Brilliant Glaze over that then wipe everything off. Liquid Paint Sealant to follow all that.

Sorry for the hijack... Really good info here.

That is correct, let me know how it goes.