Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Correction with a rotary buffer.

JDrach

Question

I have access to a rotary buffer at my work. I was wondering, with the corresponding pads and polishes, if a paint correction would be doable with a rotary buffer. Since they generate a lot of speed/heat. I've use the buffer before on my car with an unknown foam pad and Meguires Ultimate Compound/Polish and yield results without holograms/burning the paint. 

6 answers to this question

If I need to correct heavy damage I'll often start with a high speed rotary to speed up the process, and yes, Adam's products' pads and chemicals, work fine on a rotary.

I start with the rotary. In order to get the paint to perfection a dual action random orbital polisher is needed. You have induced swirls and holograms by the nature of the rotary's action. If you don't see them, and are fine with the rotary's results, stop there.

I've been polishing vehicles for almost 40 years and started with a high speed rotary, using wool pads. The key is to always keep the machine moving and do not spend any time on sharp edges.

If you are going to practice with a rotary do it on a friends car, but not a good friend LOL

:jester:

That is a joke, just to be sure that is understood.

Buy an old hood at the junkyard to practice on. YOu can always shoot some more clear on there and practice practice practice

Edited by Bill-V8V

Ya my first experience was with a rotary. It takes practice to get the correct speed of your passes down since they whip around so quickly. We got good results on a corner of his hood and left the rest of his hood untouched (for practice) so I haven't caused damaged to his, or my entire hood. But I feel something cheap like the PC will get the job done with the correct pads and polishes and will be easier to maneuver and reach certain spots easier unlike the bulk rotary.