Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much paint sealant?

Tkitch92

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi everyone! I just received my paint sealant, and this will be my first time ever applying it. So how much of the new 8 ounce bottle should be used? I am sealing a 2014 Cruze LTZ. Thanks!

You can probably do 5 to 10 cars with an 8oz bottle... Very little needs to be used just like all Adam's polishes. That's one thing I found with Adam's, when you think you have enough product, drop it by half and it's probably all you really need.

I tend to use about 3 pee size drops on my pad for a full door or so. You can use that much for half the door if you want to be sure you have enough but not much is needed at all.

That's all I used on the whole hood and that was the result.

img_6610.jpg

Edited by AvsBest

When applying PS less is more, a thin coat is all you need.

That's why I like to apply with a machine polisher because you can lay down a thin even coat.

The 8oz.of PS will go a long way.....Have fun!

Hey chris I don't have any polishers. I did receive the blue microfiber applicator pads though. Do you have any tips/suggestions about applying by hand? Thanks

Should headlights and glass be sealed as well? What about trim??

Paint Sealant is great for headlights.

I think Glass Sealant is better for glass.

Paint Sealant should NOT be used on plastic or rubber trim, as it will dry out and leave stains.  Use VRT on faded trim, and use HGG on trim that is in good condition.